10 Tips To Enjoy Life With Retinitis Pigmentosa And Prevent Vision Loss
Retinitis Pigmentosa is a chronic genetic eye disease characterized by black pigmentation and the steady deterioration of the retina, starting with reduced night vision and loss of peripheral vision.
The retina is the cover of light sensing cells coating the backside of your eye that changes beam of light into nerve impulses. The nerve impulses are sent from the optic nerve to your brain. In brain, they are renowned as images.
With Retinitis Pigmentosa , cells present in the retina which are known as rods and cones, they die. In most of the cases of Retinitis Pigmentosa, rod cells which are mainly on the outside area of the retina and are accountable for our peripheral as well as night vision, they get deteriorated initially. When the centrally located cone cells of our eyes get affected, the consequence is color blindness and loss of central vision too.
Epidemiology of Retinitis Pigmentosa
It prevails in all the age groups but is more in the age group of 45-64 years. There are no specific geographical or gender predictions related to Retinitis pigmentosa but, man can be slightly more affected as compared to women.
Here are the 10 tips to enjoy life with Retinitis Pigmentosa and prevent vision loss :
- Know About Your Family History : As genes play a vital part in your eye health, so get to know if Retinitis Pigmentosa or any eye diseases are genetically prevalent in your family. Inform your eye doctor, so that he could look for warning signs in the early hours which can help out to stabilize vision loss in Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Stay Away From Stress : Stress is the main enemy when it is about degenerative diseases. It makes you ill and will surely pace up the development of your eye disease.
- Exercise Daily : It is good for relieving stress, maintains your weight, keep you physically fit and makes you feel good about yourself, are all significant to stabilize the vision loss in Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Quit Smoking : Yes, In addition to your slow murder, smoking is horrifying for your eyes and will pace up the vision loss.
- Improve Eating Habits : Whatever you eat counts. It has been verified that diet which is rich in oily fish and leafy greens facilitates the arrest vision loss in Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Have Faith : When you are emotionally down, believe in yourself and be thankful to God about all you have in life. It makes you feel better.
- Get Socially Involved : There are abundant national as well as provincial organizations that proffer assets for people dealing with Retinitis Pigmentosa. There are some great Retinitis Pigmentosa facebook communities too, where people talk about their resources, irritation, fears, trust and ways how you can stabilize the vision loss in Retinitis Pigmentosa.
- Use Cosmetics Safely : Every time, wash your hands first. Don't use old makeup and lens solutions. Don't share your cosmetics nor apply during driving. Make certain to clean your lenses methodically before placing them in your eyes.
- See the sights of Medical And Another Therapy Available : Do not restrict yourself to a particular way of thinking. There are many diverse gene mutations tied to Retinitis Pigmentosa, so therapies also differ which helps to arrest vision loss in Retinitis Pigmentosa. Some people get help from yoga, some are getting success with high doses of anti oxidants, Ayurveda is oldest and effective one which has promising treatments too.
- Have Fun : Indulge yourself in the things you love to do like sing, eat in a double chocolate mocha, meet up with old friends, try to make new ones and giggle.
Don't worry about the difficulties of life instead; take pleasure in life as this is the best medication for any disease.