Blepharitis is the inflammatory condition of both eye lids. The inflammatory condition can be because of some allergic reaction, dandruff, bacteria or fungus. It can also be associated with some general skin infections. These infections sometime attack the oil glands leading to many complications.
- Itching and irritation over eye lids.
- Burning sensation and redness of eye lid margins.
- Excess watering
- Flaking and crusting over the eye lids.
- Detachment of eye lashes.
Do's And Dont's
- Do not rub the eyes with dirty hands or cloths.
- Do hot fomentation frequently.
- Avoid dusty and windy climate.
- Take treatment for dandruff of head.
- Consult doctor immediate if symptoms increase.
- Make a bolus of 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder. Do hot fomentation over closed eyes by dipping it in hot water.
- Apply lemon juice 5 ml + kapoor 1 gm + coconut oil 10 ml on the scalp at night to remove dandruff of head.
- Take amla juice and other vitamin C rich diet to increase immunity to fight infections.
Ayurvedic treatment of Blepharitis
It is a vata and kapha doshas disease. The main target is to correct the underlying illness and to correct the symptoms. There are medicines like Jatimukuladi varti anjanam, chandrodaya varti anjanam and many others that remove allergy and irritation from the eye lids causing relief from the symptoms. A total duration of 2-4 months treatment is enough to cure the disease permanently.