Cataract is a condition of eye in which the lens inside the eye becomes opaque, hence vision becomes hazy. Cataract generally is a disease of old age but is also seen in young age as a complication of some other body disease or by the side effect of some specific medicines used for a longer duration for the treatment of a specific disease. There occur changes in the fibrous protein of lens material and it becomes opaque gradually blocking.
- Age related cataract
- Congenital cataract
- Secondary cataract
- Traumatic cataract
- Occur due to falling of age
- Diabetes disease
- Exposure to access sunlight
- Those working in high temperatures
- Eye injury
- Long term use of steroids
- Genetic disease
Do's And Dont's
- Avoid bright light or sun light
- Use dark glasses white going in sunlight
- Avoid smoking strictly
- Clear your bowels
- Avoid constipation.
- Take green leafy vegetables and other nutrients in diet
- Do yoga and prayanama regularly
- Take 1 tsp Triphla powder with hot water at bed time
- Mix dhaniya 100 g, black pepper 10 g, almond 100g, fennel 1oog. Take 1 tsp with milk at bed time. Some sugar can be added if not diabetic.
Ayurvedic treatment of Cataract
This is called as Timira in initial stage and Lingnasha in advance stage. kapha dosha is generally responsible for cataract disturbance. There are medical treatments for cataract without surgery in ayurveda that can not only prevent its growth but also reserve the changes. The ayurveda medicines are to be taken for longer duration after consultation with Ayurveda Eye specialist. Along with medicines, life style modifications are also important. There are good chances to cure cataract without surgery in early and moderate stages. According to ayurveda also surgery is the only treatment option in advanced stage or mature cataract.