Parkinson disease is a progressively degenerative condition of brain resulting in disturbed gait, tremors and rigidity of body. Although the exact cause of this degeneration is not yet understood, still some factors are known to enhance its speed. Certain environment toxins increase the symptoms. Stress, tobacco and certain drugs also enhances the symptoms. Certain cases are also seen with genetic inheritance of the disease. Reduction of dopamine levels in the brain are known to cause this disturbance.
Symptoms Of Parkinson Disease
- Muscle rigidity.
- Tremors, dementia and depression are seen at different stages of disease.
- Late response from the patient during communication.
- Involuntary control over the limbs leading to difficulty in writing and walking.
Do's And Don'ts In Parkinson Disease
- Avoid fast food, junk food and heavily digesting food.
- Avoid packaged and refrigerated food items.
- Regularize bowels.
- Do regular yoga, pranayama and meditation.
- Consume more of heeng (Asafoetida), ajwoin (carom or bishop's weed), garlic and other vata pacifying foods daily.
Ayurvedic Treatment Of Parkinson Disease
According to Ayurveda, Parkinson is called as Kampavata. It is a vata vitiated disease. Ayurveda oil massages, swedan, nasya, shirodhara and vasti treatments are done to remove toxicity from the body. Digestive fire is increased slowly and strength is given to the nervous system. Ayurveda procedures are potent enough not only to arrest the further degeneration but also to strengthen the nervous system. Slowly the speed of movement improves. The target of the Ayurveda treatment for Parkinson is not to cure the disease but to provide relief from the symptoms like tremors, rigidity and depression.