Vitiligo is the white pigmentation of skin because of damage in the melanocytes (pigment making cells of skin). Because of damage of melanocytes, white patches are formed on the skin at multiple parts of body. There are multiple theories proposed for the cause of vitiligo. One most widely accepted theory says it is an auto immune disease. The alteration in immune system is because of the use of non compatible food items (Virudh Ahara Sevan). This results in increased toxicity in the body and hence the alteration in immune mechanism happens.
Symptoms Of Vitiligo
- De pigmentation of skin in the form of white patches.
- Increased sensitivity of skin in sun light.
- Greying of hairs of the affected skin area.
Do's And Don'ts In Vitiligo
- Do not consume non compatible food items like curd with milk, salt and milk, non veg food and milk
- Avoid excess intake of sour, salty and spicy food
Home Remedies In Vitiligo
- Take Bakuchi powder. Mix it with equal quantity of turmeric powder. Consume 1 tsp of this combination twice daily with warm water. This combination can be applied externally on the white patches for 30 min. daily by making paste with warm water.
Ayurvedic Treatment Of Vitiligo (Leucoderma)
Leucoderma (Vitiligo) according to Ayurveda is a tridoshaj disease. Complete detoxification of body is achieved in Ayurvedic treatment of leucoderma by panchakarma procedures like Vamana, Virechana, Vasti and Dhara. Paste of different Ayurveda herbs is also applied over the white patches. Strict and disciplined life style and healthy eating habits are required for the Ayurvedic cure of leucoderma. The treatments are successful and effective. Further progression of disease is achieved and then white patches start to fade slowly. Leucoderma is a deep rooted disease and a hard work by the patient and doctor is required to achieve success by Ayurveda treatments.