Allergy Of Eyes
Allergy is the sensitivity for a particular substance. The contact with that substance causes a group of symptoms of one or many organ systems. Likewise allergy also affects eyes. With passage of time, it can lead to serious complications like corneal abrasions, keratoconus and many others related with vision.
No specific cause is known for eye allergy. It can be due to pollens, house dust, perfumed smells, change of climate, high temperatures or sometimes a food particle.
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Sometimes associated with cold allergy like sneezing and running nose
Do's And Dont's
- Avoid frequent eye contact.
- Avoid high heat and dusty climate.
- Avoid contact with computer, tv and mobile.
- Wash the eyes frequently.
- Regularize bowels.
- Take diet rich in vitamin C to increase immunity.
- Do hot fomentation over eyes with a bolus made with 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Apply aloevera paste over closed eye lids and wipe it off after half hour.
Ayurvedic treatment of Allergy of eyes
There are successful treatments in Ayurveda for allergy of eyes. The basic concept behind treatment of allergy of eyes is to enhance the immunity. This is easily achieved with the help of Ayurveda formulations and Rasayana medicines. There are specific treatments to control the symptoms of allergy and they are powerful enough to provide relief even in advanced cases. Ayurveda panchakarma therapies are needed for duration of 15-20 days to detoxify the body. In initial stages, use of Ayurveda medicines only can cure the condition. Along with these medicines and treatments, yoga, pranayama, morning walk, physical exercise and diet restrictions are also important for general improvement of health and to support the Ayurvedic treatment.