|Allergic Conjunctivitis||Causes||Symptoms||Permanent Cure?|
|Ayurvedic Treatment||Conventional Treatment||Precautions, Lifestyle Changes||Home Remedies|
What is Allergic Conjunctivitis?
Allergic conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the white part of the eye which is known as conjunctiva.
Allergic Conjunctivitis is formed due to the reaction in eyes to different allergens, most common allergens are pollens and spores.
In allergic pink eye, the eyes of the affected person become reddened, swollen, hot, and painful. Several symptoms occur because of the histamine and some active substances released from the body through mast cells.
The dilation and expansion of blood vessels irritate the nerve endings. The infection mostly occurs during hay season and affects a large amount of population throughout the world.
Unlike other types of conjunctivitis, allergic conjunctivitis is not contagious.
Allergic Conjunctivitis Causes and Risk Factors
Allergic conjunctivitis is caused by the reaction of the eyes or the whole body to the different kind of allergens. Most of the people are not allergic to the common allergens, but some people can’t tolerate certain allergens and their body overreacts which causes allergic conjunctivitis. Eye allergy mostly occurs in the hay season.
Causes of Allergic Conjunctivitis
Most common allergic conjunctivitis allergens which are responsible for the allergy of eyes are :
- Pollen from trees and grass.
- Air pollution
- Animal Fur and secretions
- Dust Mites
- Animal Dander
- Skin cosmetics
- Skin medicines
- Specific food items
- Insect bites or stings
- Hereditary factors – A child can inherit the infection from parents and is more likely to develop allergic conjunctivitis if both the parents have it.
Risk factors of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- People who have any other kind of allergy in the body are more likely to develop eye allergy.
- Allergic conjunctivitis can affect a person of any age but most commonly it targets children and adolescents.
- People having allergies residing in places with the high availability of the allergens are very prone to the infection.
Eye Allergy Symptoms
People affected with allergic conjunctivitis shows many symptoms after being infected by the disease. In most of the cases, symptoms can occur just after being affected by the allergens.
Some common symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are :
- Red or pink eyes – Due to the irritation in the blood vessels of the eyes, the eyes become red or pink in colour.
- Pain in the Eyes – A person affected from allergic conjunctivitis or allergic pink eye feels pain in the eyes due to the redness and swelling.
- Itchiness – Due to several complexities in the eyes a person feels an urge to itch and rubbing the eyes can further complicate the infection.
- Swollen eyelids – Eyes of the affected person becomes swollen and could appear more swollen if the patient starts rubbing the eyes.
- Soreness – Due to the inflammation in the eyes become sore and softer and the person affected with the disease feels a burning sensation in the eyes.
- Light Sensitivity – A person becomes highly sensitive to the light because any contact of light rays with the eyes can cause irritability.
- Tearing of eyes – Due to prolonged infection, tearing of eyes is common.
Is it Possible To Cure Allergic Conjunctivitis Permanently?
Yes, it is possible to cure allergic conjunctivitis or eye allergy permanently only with the help of ayurvedic treatment. With its holistic and completely natural approach, Allergic Conjunctivitis Natural Treatment can completely cure the disease. Ayurvedic treatment for allergic conjunctivitis provides a permanent solution without any side-effects on the body.
Conventional Allergic Conjunctivitis Treatment
There are a number of options available in the conventional way of treating allergic conjunctivitis. Conventional treatment of eye allergy has many tested methods but it should be noted that none of the methods provides a permanent solution and in some cases, they may have side effects on patients body. Most common methods used in conventional allergic conjunctivitis treatment are:
- Artificial Tears – Some eye drops for allergic conjunctivitis are useful in providing relief to the eyes for a period of time.
- Cold Compresses – Placing a cotton wool soaked in cold water can give a temporary relief to the eyes of the patient.
- Antihistamines – When a person is affected by allergic conjunctivitis or allergic pink eye, then histamines are produced inside the body, so to decrease the level of histamine in the body, antihistamines are used. Antihistamines can be given in the form of oral drops or eye drops. While taking antihistamines a person should be very cautious and should refrain from certain activities as it causes drowsiness in the patient.
- Mast cell stabilizers – Mast cell stabilizers have been proved effective for a much longer period of time than the antihistamines.
- Corticosteroids – Corticosteroids has many side-effects and are very rarely prescribed by the doctors.
Eye Allergy Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurvedic treatment completely cures eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis and is the only permanent option available for people affected by the disease from years.
As allergic conjunctivitis is a disease which keeps on re-occurring during specific seasons to haunt people with certain allergies a permanent solution for the disease is desired by all.
Ayurvedic treatment for eye allergy provides a permanent solution with the help of ayurvedic eye allergy medicines and ayurvedic therapies.
This allergic conjunctivitis natural treatment uses a holistic approach for the treatment of the disease and finds the root cause of the disease to permanently cure the disease. Along with the therapies and medicines, ayurvedic treatment is complemented by some healthy lifestyle changes and yoga. All together works better.
Allergic Conjunctivitis Prevention and Lifestyle Changes
By taking some specific precautions and adopting some healthy lifestyle changes, a person can reduce the effects of the infection as well as keep the infection forever away. After taking some useful preventions, precautions and adopting healthy lifestyle changes the patient can easily maintain a safe distance from the disease.
Some eye allergy prevention and lifestyle changes which can be done are:
- Keep your pets clean and don’t allow them in your bedroom.
- Stay inside the house during hay season and try to avoid going out as much as possible.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful sun rays.
- Keep your home and surroundings clean.
- Use indoor air purifiers for fresh and dirt free air.
- Close the doors and windows when pollen count is hgh.
- Stay away from harmful chemicals.
Allergic Conjunctivitis Home Remedies
Home remedies can prove useful in some less serious cases. There are some useful home remedies which can be used for getting relief from the disease for a short period of time. It should be always kept in mind that home remedies should be treated as temporary solution for allergic conjunctivitis and should never be taken as a permanent solution.
Some useful eye allergy home remedies which can be used by allergic conjunctivitis patients are:
- Avoid the allergens – A person suffering from allergic conjunctivitis should avoid allergens as much as possible.
- Avoid contact lenses – Contact lenses should be avoided for some period of time to decrease the chances of the infection.
- Avoid rubbing the eyes – Eyes should not be rubbed as it further increases the inflammation in the eyes.
- Apply cool compresses – By applying cool compresses a person affected from the diseases can get a lot of relief .
Key Points on Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis or Eye allergy is caused by reaction of body to allergens.
- Allergens like pollens and eye drops are the main allergens which causes the disease.
- Redness, swelling and soreness of the eyes are the most common symptoms of the disease.
- Permanent cure of the allergic conjunctivitis is possible through ayurvedic treatment.
- Conventional allergic conjunctivitis treatment uses methods like antihistamines, corticosteroids,etc . but are not that much reliable.
- Eye allergy natural treatment uses natural herbs and therapies and does a permanent cure.
- By adopting some healthy lifestyle changes and taking some precautions a person affected from the disease can control the effects of the infection.
- Allergic conjunctivitis home remedies like compresses and avoidance of allergens with the help of different methods is very useful in getting relief from the disease.