How to stay energized during the Vata season
As per Ayurveda, the two major doshas are corresponded by the fall season. These two doshas or mind body principles include Vata and Pitta. The season of Autumn is considered as Pitta which lasts with the hot weather. Later on, the cold weather that comes is known by the name of Vata. Winter and late fall are called Vata season for the simple reason that they are denoted by some of the similar qualities that are borne by Vata. For instance: light, cold, moving and dry.
Until these qualities as mentioned above are in the balance state, the person whose dosha is characterised by Vata is going to be creative, healthy and exuberant. However when the quantity of this Vata is increased in the body as well as mind, then it results into a number of disorders including insomnia, constipation, depression, arthritis, emotional disorders and high blood pressure etc.
All the body types are highly at risk to Vata derangement at the time of winter and autumn. However people, who are primarily Vata types, are required to be cautious about staying in the good balance.
Given below are some ideas to help you during the cold weather, especially those in the Northern Hemisphere. People who are residing in the Southern half of the planet, Kapha and spring have arrived. Therefore you are required to focus instead on keeping the moist properties of Kapha Dosha and earth in balance.
Kapha Balancing suggestions
Given below are the Kapha balancing suggestions for your kind information :
Go for the Vata pacifying diet.
- You should allow as much intake of hot liquids as possible like herbal tea and warm water to prevent the problem of dehydration to take place.
- Consume warm, fresh and properly cooked food. It is not at all advisable to go for raw fruits, salads or vegetables.
- You are not required to worry if you found your appetite stronger than the usual. It is actually a normal phenomenon in winter and assists in calming down the Vata. However you need to take care to eat only up to the level of comfort.
- You should go for taking more of sour, salty, sweet tastes and must avoid pungent, bitter and astringent tastes.
Awareness about restfulness and long sleep
It is advisable for a person to get enough of the sleep. It is essential for Vatas, who wish to drive themselves to the point of mental and physical exhaustion.
It is good to learn meditation or doing Yoga as this is going to help you nourish your mind, body and soul. You should not skip any meal and take only the healthy diet as this will help you get rid of all the problems. Getting up early in the morning and carrying on the tasks with care are likely to benefit you in the manner that is far beyond your imagination.
Nourishment of the senses
- It is advisable for you to wear clothes that are made up of soft fabrics and are available with mild pastel shades and comes with the earth tones. Such types of clothes are useful in calming down the Vata.
- You should give gentle, slow self abhyanga massage before going to bed and in the morning. Here it is advisable to make use of nourishing warm oil like almond or sesame.
- You should try to stay warm since Vata is a dry, cold dosha. It is therefore important to see that your workplace as well as home is properly heated and there is a lot of humidity in the air.
If you are going to practice these Vata- balancing practices in your life then you will not find any problem during the Vata season.
About the Doctor: Dr. Dinesh Sharma is offering Ayurvedic treatment to a number of diseases including Retinitis Pigmentosa, Diabetic Retinopathy, Rheumatoid Arthitis, Epilepsy etc. You may get in touch with him via phone if you want to discuss your problem or you can mail him at official id of Prakash Nethralaya and Panchakarma Kendra, Jaipur, Rajasthan.