Causes, Risk Factors, Prevention and Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy in India
One of the complicated causes of diabetes is the damaged blood vessels in the retina. Diabetes may cause eye disease which may cause blindness if it is not taken seriously and not treated on time. It may also cause disease like glaucoma, cataract and diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes has lot of complications. After a few years it may cause problems throughout body including eyes, nerves and kidney.
Causes of Diabetic Retinopathy
- This situation is known as macula edema, in which fluid leak into the center of macula a blurred straight ahead vision occurs and it swells the macula swell.
- It causes blurred vision. When the blood leaks from the damaged vessels into the center of the eye then it causes blurred vision. It is the advanced stage of diabetes and it is also known as proliferative retinopathy.
Risks of Diabetic Retinopathy
People who are suffering from diabetes for a long time are likely to get diabetic retinopathy. People in United States of America are going through stage of diabetic retinopathy. In United States of America, more than 40% of the people are diabetic and are going through this stage. Pregnant women may find many difficulties; if she is pregnant and she may have a problem of blurry vision then she must consult a eye care specialist as soon as possible.
Another thing to remember is that diabetic retinopathy does not have any symptoms at its early stages so don’t wait for the symptoms and get a regular eye checkup by a qualified eye care specialist and get a comprehensive treatment if required.
How to protect diabetic vision loss
The most important thing to get away from diabetes is to get your regular eye checkups done.
Some other recommendations are as follows :
- An early care is the best way to get out of risk of vision loss, so be in touch with doctor and ask for macular edema even if you don’t feel the symptom.
- Proliferative retinopathy grows without any symptom because of this patient may loss his vision at its advance stage.
- The elevated blood pressure and cholesterol must be in control which may help you in reducing the risk of vision loss.
- Always keep your sugar in control.