13 Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention, Precautions & Lifestyle Changes
Itself treatment not only works for permanent cure of diabetic retinopathy. One should follow some precautions, diabetic retinopathy prevention measures and lifestyle changes to get an effective result from Ayurvedic eye treatment.
Permanent Cure of the disease is when symptoms do not come back. So to get rid of the signs and symptoms of diabetic retinopathy, Adapt yourself according to nature.
There are a lot of precautions, preventions and lifestyle changes available for diabetic retinopathy that a patient should follow to avoid or to reduce the effects of the disease.
We will discuss here 13 diabetic retinopathy prevention and lifestyle changes to be adopted.
If seriously followed, significant improvements can be observed.
Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention & Lifestyle Changes
Some diabetic retinopathy prevention and lifestyle changes that can be followed by the patients along with diabetic retinopathy treatment in ayurveda are –
- Control Diabetes – Important measures to control diabetes should be taken by the person affected by the disease, proper advice should be taken from the doctor to control diabetes, and food products that are high in sugar content should not be used.
- Control Blood Sugar Levels – Blood sugar levels are the deciding factors of the severity of diabetes and diabetic retinopathy, blood sugar levels should be regularly checked by the patient and required measures to control the sugar levels should be used.
- Control Cholesterol – Cholesterol levels should be regularly checked and methods to keep it low should be followed. An increase in cholesterol level is an invitation to several diseases other than diabetic retinopathy.
- Control Blood Pressure – Blood pressure should be kept in control and should be checked regularly by the patient for diabetic retinopathy prevention. The patient should consult a doctor to find ways of controlling the blood pressure.
- Avoid Alcohol – Alcoholic drinks should be completely avoided by the patient as alcohol is harmful to the proper functioning of different organ systems such as the respiratory system and the circulatory system. Dysfunction in these systems causes health-related complications like diabetic retinopathy.
- Avoid Tobacco – Tobacco products such as cigarettes, cigars, etc. should be completely avoided as they harm the visceral organs inside the body which results in diseases like diabetes and diabetic retinopathy.
- Consult Eye Specialist Regularly – A person suffering from diabetic retinopathy should consult an eye specialist regularly for the examination of the eyes and for guidance in treating the disease. Regular checkups will also help in keeping a tab with the present condition and the necessary changes in the treatment could be made.
- Daily Exercise – A person should exercise daily to maintain a healthy body is by doing exercise a lot of things like cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure could be kept in control. Daily exercise is very much necessary for maintaining a healthy body.
- Avoid Bright Light -Bright light should be avoided by the person suffering from diabetic retinopathy as it could provide more harm to the retina of the eye. Direct rays of bright light should be avoided as much as possible to keep the eyes safe.
- Antihypertensive Treatment – Hypertension is also a contributing factor of diabetic retinopathy so strong antihypertensive treatment measures should be practiced for diabetic retinopathy prevention.
- Maintain Weight According to BMI – Weight should be kept in control and the patient should try to keep it according to the body mass index. A daily exercise routine, yoga, and healthy eating habits should be included in life to keep a healthy body and mind.
- Stop Eye Straining – Should immediately stop eye-straining activities for diabetic retinopathy prevention such as watching television, sports, reading, smartphone, and laptop use. These activities put a strain on the eyes which affect the retina of the eye.
- Regularize Bowels – Bowels need to be regularized to keep a healthy body preventing diseases.
The most important thing to get away from diabetes is to get your regular eye checkups done.
Some other recommendations are as follows:
- Early care is the best way to get out of the risk of vision loss, so be in touch with the doctor and ask for macular edema even if you don’t feel the symptom.
- Proliferative retinopathy grows without any symptoms because this patient may lose his vision at its advance stage.
- The elevated blood pressure and cholesterol must be in control which may help you in reducing the risk of vision loss.
- Always keep your sugar in control.