Are You searching for Ayurvedic Treatment of Migraine in India?
Created - 21 Dec 2015Last Modified - 30 Jun 2019
Introduction to Migraine
Migraine is a very neurological syndrome. There are several characteristics of migraine such as irritability, nausea and extreme headache attacks. This ache starts with forehead and then gradually spreads around all parts of head and gets worsen with the course of time. This migraine headache can last up to 2-3 hours or even 2-3 days.
Reasons behind Migraine
In the patients of migraine, there are many common reasons for the occurrence of headache. Some of them are as follows :
- Change in climatic conditions
- Skipping a meal
- Stress and anxiety
- Intake of alcohol and other harmful drinks
- Menstrual cycle (in females)
- Exposure to loud noise or bright light
- Irritation towards certain odors
- Allergic triggers
- Facing television or computer screen for a long time
Symptoms of Migraine
- Regular irritability in behavior
- Excess sleeping
- Stiffness in neck muscles
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Frequent urination
Migraine treatment in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda migraine is not a case of long term headache. Rather it is considered to be deep-rooted problems which include disturbed digestion and nervous system.
Due to not following the proper lifestyle and diet the elevation of Pitta gets increased in the body. With the help of this elevated Pitta it is able to produce certain impurities like ama. The accumulation of ama on the channels of mind i.e. manovahi strotas leads to the pain that is known as migraine.
This is the reason why treatment of migraine through Ayurvedic methods is based upon the resolution of Pitta dosha, and balancing the digestive fire of the body. The "ojas" is enhanced by the use of certain tonics whose main aim is to strengthen the nervous system and relax the mind.
Suggestions regarding diet and lifestyle
- At least 7-8 glasses of water should be taken in a day.
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits are very beneficial.
- It is advised to avoid white sugar, products made by white flour, fermented foods, citrus, spicy, sour and hot foods.
- It is very beneficial to massage the head with Bhringraj oil; this provides calm to the nervous system.
- Intake of excessive amount of caffeine, salt, sugar, alcohol, tea, fried foods and animal products are very harmful. So, try to keep you away from all these types of things.
- Try to avoid direct contact with sunlight for a long time.
Home remedies for Migraine
Migraine treatment in India generally follows some remedial measure which is very effective to get relief from this symptom. Some of the common remedies are :
- Take steam treatment with water having a very little amount of vinegar into it.
- Paste of sandalwood mixed with rose water or clay is very effective to give proper relief from the burning sensation.
- Clove powder along with cinnamon oil, apply this paste on the affected area. This paste is very beneficial to heal the pain
If you are tired of trying a number of treatment options but fail to get results, then you should watch out for Ayurvedic treatment of Migraine in India which is available at Prakash Nethralaya and Panchakarma Kendra situated in Jind, Haryana and Jaipur, Rajasthan.