Overweight or Obesity is a state which is generally caused by the deposition of excessive amount of fat in different parts of the body. The deposition of fat is generally visible on the thighs, belly, breasts and buttocks. It can also cause the problems like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems, liver damage and hypertension. Know more about obesity and its treatment by Ayurveda.
Causes of Obesity
The main reason of Obesity is due to lack of physical activity. The weight starts increasing when people start taking more calories than what is required by the body. Excess of sweets, oily foods, sleeping during daytime etc. are all major factors which causes Obesity. Heredity, genetic, environmental, hormonal and cultural; these are some more factors which increases weight.
Symptoms of Obesity
- Enhance level of fat in body
- Difficulty in breathing during some physical exertion
- Stinking Sweating
How Obesity is developed?
Our body is made from seven dhatus i.e. Blood (Rakta), Lymph (Rasa), Fat (Meda), Muscle (Maans), Reproductive system (Shukra) and Nervous system (Majja). But the people who are suffering from obesity have excessive amount of Meda i.e. fat and at the same time they are deficient to other dhtaus. The kapha is gathered amidst different parts of the body. And as the levels of kapha are increased, the individual tends to become obese, since the fat metabolism is disturbed.
In order to lose weight one should ponder upon the following important points :
- Regular Physical workout.
- Keep a check on what you eat.
- Try to avoid the factors which cause increase in body weight.
Weight reducing diet
- In the morning, a glass of warm water should be taken with lemon juice and honey.
- Sprouts of green beans or wheat with a cup of milk should be taken in breakfast.
- Try to have a glass of pineapple, carrot, orange juice after breakfast.
- Carrot, cucumber, beetroot, tomatoes, cabbage salads are advised. Chapattis made up of wheat and grain bread with a glass of buttermilk can be taken in the lunch.
- In the mid-afternoon you can have some dry fruits, lemon tea, coconut water or vegetable soup.
- In the dinner try to have steamed vegetables with chapattis and any seasonal fruit except apple and banana.
- Try to avoid chocolates, junk foods and cold drinks.
- Salt is responsible for the increment in the body weight, so one is advised to avoid it as much as possible.
- Red meat (beef, lamb and pork), white meat (fish, chicken) and eggs are responsible for increasing the body weight; so try to avoid these things.
- Milk products like butter, cheese are very rich source of fat. So keep a distance.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and smoking.
Exercise is very helpful in reducing obesity. In order to reduce weight, regular workouts are the most necessary part. It is due to the fact that workout helps in the reduction/ burning of calories which are stored in body in the form of fats. It also helps to reduce tension and tone up the body muscles. In the beginning, walking is the best exercise which can be followed by running, swimming etc.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic treatment of obesity in India, then you may contact Prakash Nethralaya and Panchakarma Kendra in Jind, Haryana as well as Jaipur, Rajasthan India.You find it Useful, Share This:
To Know more, talk to our doctor. Dial +91-8396919191