Depression is a disease of mental sickness in which the patient develops the feeling of worthlessness and sadness. Patient looses interest in the things that he used to enjoy. The fast and stressed life style and changed priorities of life gives a negative feeling when one cannot meet with the targets decided with time. This situation develops an intense feeling of sadness and the symptoms of depression develop.
Causes of Depression
- Instability in relationship.
- Over stressed because of competition.
- Inferiority complex.
- Negative emotions.
- Symptoms of depression are more aggressive in women at the time of miscarriage, menopause menstruation and pregnancy.
Symptoms Of Depression
- Hopeless and pessimistic attitude.
- Short tempered. Easily gets agitated.
- Instability in body weight observed every month.
- Lack of concentration.
- Dormancy, Insomnia or oversleeping.
- Frequent body pain, headache and backache.
Do's And Don'ts
- Do regular Yoga, pranayama and meditation.
- Avoid fast food and junk food.
- Strictly avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Avoid skipping meals.
- Reduce the use of refined sugar, tea, coffee and cold drinks.
- Put sesame oil 3 drops in both nostrils daily morning empty stomach. It provides lubrication in dried channels and strengthens the brain activity.
- Soak 10 almonds in water at night. Peel them off in the morning and eat them with milk. It is a good brain tonic.
- Do a head massage with almond oil at night. It helps in mood alteration and gives a sound sleep too.
Ayurveda Treatment of Depression
Depression can be completely cured with Ayurveda treatments and medicines. Shirodhara, Nasya, abhyanga, Swedan, Virechana etc are done for removing the toxicity out of the body. Ayurveda herbal medicines then strengthen the nervous system thus stabilizing the thought process. Corrected life style, controlled eating habits Ayurveda panchakarma treatments and herbal medicines are a sure way for complete cure of depression.