|Diabetic Retinopathy||Causes||Symptoms||Permanent Cure?|
|Ayurvedic Treatment||Conventional Treatment||Precautions, Lifestyle Chnages||Home Remedies|
What is Diabetic Retinopathy?
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye disease caused by diabetes. Diabetes damages the blood vessels of the retina (part of the eye responsible for vision and clear eyesight) causing them to swell and leak fluid inside the retina. This increased fluid and swelling of the retina causes complications in the functioning of the eye and if not treated at an early stage can also lead to blindness.
A person suffering from diabetes from a longer period is more prone to be affected by diabetic retinopathy. According to Ayurveda, imbalance and disturbance in Vata, Pitta and K
Diabetic Retinopathy has two main stages –
- NPDR or Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy – It is an early stage of diabetic retinopathy which is caused by the swelling of retina leaving a blurred vision. It is the most common form of diabetic retinopathy.
- PDR or Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy – It is the more advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy caused by the formation of new blood vessels inside the retina. Since the new blood vessels are very fragile and can rupture easily leading to frequent leakage of blood inside the retina and vitreous. This condition is very grievous and can cause complete loss of the vision also.
Diabetic Retinopathy Causes and Risk Factors
The main cause of diabetic retinopathy is the extensive harm caused to the blood vessels of the retina by the formation of fluids and abnormal swelling. The functioning of the retina is damaged by the dysfunctioning of the blood vessels. As retina is entirely responsible for a person’s eyesight by transforming light into visual images, so any damage caused to it can lead to vision problems. It’s very important to find out the main causes of diabetic retinopathy.
Main diabetic retinopathy causes and risk factors are-
- The Time Span of Diabetes – Time duration of diabetes plays a major role in affecting a person from diabetic retinopathy, a person suffering from diabetes from a long time is at more risk than others.
- High Cholesterol – A diabetic person with high cholesterol levels is at more risk of having diabetic retinopathy.
- High Blood Pressure – Uncontrolled and high blood pressure in a diabetic patient can cause diabetic retinopathy.
- Blood Sugar Levels – Unchecked and poorly controlled blood sugar levels cause diabetic retinopathy.
- Tobacco – A diabetic person with excessive use of tobacco products is also at high risk of diabetic retinopathy.
- Pregnancy – Diabetic Women in their pregnancy are at comparatively higher risk of being affected by diabetic retinopathy than normal women.
Diabetic Retinopathy Symptoms
At an early stage diabetic retinopathy doesn’t show any signs and symptoms, symptoms start appearing in the second stage of diabetic retinopathy. The common signs and symptoms are –
- A person gradually starts suffering from blurred vision.
- A patient suffering from diabetic retinopathy starts experiencing floaters in the vision.
- A person starts having variations in eyesight ranging from clear vision to highly blurred vision.
- Impairment of colour vision is also a common symptom.
- Total loss of vision can also happen suddenly due to heavy blood leakage in diabetic retinopathy.
- Night vision becomes poor.
- Formation of dark areas inside the central vision area.
A person noticing any of the above-mentioned signs and symptoms should immediately consult an Ayurvedic eye specialist to get the timely cure for diabetic retinopathy without laser and injections so that the their eyes can be prevented from any further damage. Timely diagnosis and timely treatment for diabetic retinopathy is the only key to prevent the blindness.
Permanent Diabetic Retinopathy Cure, Is It Possible?
Yes, it is possible to cure diabetic retinopathy permanently by ayurvedic treatment in a very natural way. Ayurveda cures diabetic retinopathy completely with no signs of returning again through its holistic approach.
Ayurveda focuses on removing the root cause of the disease thus it eliminates every possible factor which could lead to the return of diabetic retinopathy again. Ayurvedic diabetic retinopathy treatment doesn’t have any side effects on patients body even if there’s a need for long sessions of the treatment.
Conventional Treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Medications – Medicines are commonly used in diabetic retinopathy treatment and can be helpful to some extent. medicines which can control high blood pressure, increased sugar levels and cholesterol can prove beneficial in regaining the vision.
- Laser treatments – Laser therapies like photocoagulation is used for diabetic retinopathy treatment but in most cases, treatments remain successful for a shorter period of time.
- Surgeries – Surgery is one of the common treatment option used in treating diabetic retinopathy but it’s mostly used in emergency situations. Vitrectomy is the common surgery practice in diabetic retinopathy treatment.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy
Disturbance in Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas is the cause for diabetic retinopathy that’s why the treatment focuses on removing the impurities from the body which caused the imbalance.
Ayurveda therapies are potent enough to provide strength in blood vessels of the retina to prevent further haemorrhage. Leakages from the blood vessels also get reabsorbed after a period of time.
Various nourishing Ayurveda medicines provide strength to the retina and optic nerves paving way for clear vision.
Diabetic retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda should be taken from an experienced and certified Ayurveda eye specialist. You can find one at Prakash Nethralaya
The major procedures done for the Ayurvedic treatment of diabetic retinopathy in an Ayurvedic eye hospital are as follows:
- Pindi and Vidalak
- Anjana and Aschyotana
- Tharpana after absorption of
- Ayurveda medicines to control blood pressure and blood sugar.
Compare both the treatments – “Diabetic Retinopathy Ayurvedic Treatment VS Conventional Treatment“
Precautions and Lifestyle Changes
- A person should control high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Exercise daily for good metabolism.
- Abstinence from alcohol and tobacco.
- Body weight should be according to body mass index.
- A healthy diet should be followed.
- Regular checkup with an eye specialist.
These precautions and lifestyle changes help in assisting diabetic retinopathy treatment.
Diabetic Retinopathy Home Remedies
Most common home remedies for diabetic retinopathy treatment are –
- Apply a paste of sandalwood over closed eyelids.
- Drink amla juice daily in the morning empty stomach.
- Drink bottle gourd juice daily in the morning empty stomach.
Key Points and Final Thoughts On Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic retinopathy usually occurs in both the eyes and it may not show any signs and symptoms till the last stage of the disease.
- Diabetic retinopathy is a severe and chronic disease which needs to be treated carefully.
- A person having any signs of the disease should immediately consult an Ayurvedic eye specialist and should regularly visit the Ayurvedic eye hospital near to him.
- Diabetic retinopathy treatment is possible but the patient needs to control diabetes to prevent further complications.
- Permanent cure with diabetic retinopathy treatment is possible with the help of Ayurveda’s holistic approach.
- The main advantage of Ayurvedic diabetic retinopathy natural treatment is that it provides a permanent solution and doesn’t take a toll on a person’s health.