Epilepsy which is also known as fits, is a nervous system disorder in which regular instances of tremors occur. The brain gets excited abnormally which causes such disease. There are some instances where the person does not have to suffer from the disease in the adulthood. All the kinds of epilepsy are not same. There are so many reasons for it like brain injury, stress, genetic conditions, paralytic infection and many more.
Epilepsy treatment with the help of Ayurveda
Ayurveda provides epilepsy treatment to the patients. Here, the herbal medicines and treatment procedures are used which has no side effects.
- Ayurveda advices the intake of normal food in proper time in order to control the epilepsy.
- Herbal oil massage or Abhayanga is considered a good therapy to provide mental peace to the patient where oil is poured over the forehead. This procedure is also known as shirodhara.
- Some herbs like Aswagandha or Withania somnifera, Jatamamsi or Nardastachys jatamansi, Brahmi or Bacopa monniera, Shanka pushpin or Evolvulus alsinoides are also good in case of epilepsy. These herbs provide peace to mind.
- The person is advised not to go near heat.
- An isolated life is good for the patients.
Prevention from epilepsy
- Ayurveda must be followed in the day-to-day life.
- Stay positive throughout the day. Do not worry much about the problems. Stop getting excited at every small thing.
- Performing yoga and meditation can help in easing the mind and the entire body.
- Nutritive and healthy diet must be followed. Avoid intake of meals at night. The patient must eat six times a day and these meals should be small ones.
- Head massage always provides peace to the mind and nerves. This provides a cooling effect.
All the above precautions must be followed to stay away from epilepsy. Doctors must be consulted first before taking any kind of treatment although the herbal medicines do not have any side effect.