Epilepsy is a condition in which patient gets seizures. There occur jerky movements of body parts and patient looses consciousness. Multiple reasons are known to spark the disease. Epilepsy is a widespread disease worldwide. Epilepsy is more seen in infancy and teenagers. Genetics also play a role in development of epilepsy disease.
Symptoms Of Epilepsy
- Jerky movements in hand or leg.
- Stiffness and rigidity of body.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Patient becomes unaware of time and place.
Do's And Don'ts
- Do regular yoga, pranayama and meditation.
- Avoid fast food, junk food and spicy food.
- Avoid strong fragrances. They may also work as a trigger factor.
- Avoid height, water and fire closeness as these may create mental unstability and epilepsy can be triggered.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake.
Ayurveda Treatment of Epilepsy
Epilepsy is termed as Apasmara according to Ayurveda. This involves all the three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Strong Shodhan treatments are suggested for the Ayurvedic treatment of Epilepsy. Vamana, Virechana, Vasti and Nasya are indicated for the complete cure of epilepsy. Ayurvedic treatment for epilepsy should be started at the earliest so that the disease can be prevented from going in advanced and complicated stage. Ayurveda medhya Rasayana in the form of herbal medicines are to be used for a longr duration after completion of Panchakarma treatments for epilepsy. 2-4 weeks hospitalization is required under the guidance of an expert Ayurveda physician for the successful treatment of Epilepsy.