Introduction to Migraine
Migraine is a very common symptom which is seen in about 20% of the total population. In comparison to men, women are more in the sufferers of Migraine. One of the major sources for migraine is genetic. The affect of this symptom is generally seen in forehead or eyes. Irritation to light and loud noise are some of the common symptoms of migraine. A person may suffer the pain of migraine for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours or sometimes it may also extend to 2 to 3 days.
Causes of Migraine
There are different causes for migraine some of the most common are due to the change of weather, intake of alcohol, habit of skipping meals, stress, fried and junk foods. Other several factors like bright light, loud noise, sitting behind computer and television for a long time, smoking, certain type of smell etc. can also cause the headache associated with migraine.
Symptoms of Migraine
There are several signs which mark the presence of migraine into a human body. Some of them are mentioned below :
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Extreme desire to eat certain things.
- Inflexibility in muscles.
- Bad temper.
Migraine according to Ayurveda
Migraine according to Ayurveda is generally caused by the elevation of Pitta or fire. The increased amount of pitta is generally found because of not taking a proper diet. In an elevated state, Pitta vitiates digestion, which leads to the production of some digestive impurities like ama. This ama is the main reason behind all the pains which are generally seen in migraine. Ama get deposited in the channels of mind i.e. manovahi strotas.
Home based treatment solutions
Migraine treatment in India is generally done or treated by following some home remedies like :
- Boil the water along with vinegar, and make a habit of taking its steam. It will give a relief from the pain.
- Make a paste of sandalwood powder or ground clay with the help of rose water apply it on the affected area, it will help you to get relief from the burning sensation.
- A spoonful of cinnamon oil put ¼ teaspoon of clove powder mix them together and apply this on the affected area.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic treatment of Migraine in India then you may get in touch with Dr. Dinesh Sharma practicing at Prakash Nethralaya and Panchakarma kendra in Jind, Haryana. The other branch of this Ayurvedic hostpital is in Jaipur, Rajasthan.