Osteoarthritis is a disease of old age due to which the weight bearing joints of body like knee joint and hip joint degenerate and looses their lubrication. As a result, the bones rub with each other and hence the symptoms like pain and swelling appear. Increasing age is a major factor for this disease but there are certain other things that increase the speed of damage. These are constipation, obesity, consumption of dry, cold foods and injury to the joint or excessive use of joint.
Symptoms Of Osteoarthritis
- Pain and swelling of the joint.
- Cracking sound from the joint
- Stiffness and increase of symptoms with movement.
Do's And Don'ts In Osteoarthritis
- Avoid junk food and fast food.
- Always consume warm and fresh food enriched with clarified butter.
- Avoid excess use of a joint.
- Do not suppress the natural urges.
Home Remedies For Osteoarthritis
- Make a habit of doing mild massage with luke warm sesame oil over the effected joint.
- Increase the intake of heeng, garlic, ajwoin in all food items.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Obesity
Osteoarthritis according to ayurveda is a vitiated Vata disease. This is commonly called as ‘sandhivata' .Hence the treatment also aim to stabilize vata dosha. Abhayanga,swedanam,janu vasti,shali shastic swedanan,vasti procedures are done tolubricate the joints.In some of cases,treatment is also aimed to correct the underlying illness of body like constipation ,obesity etc. Ayurveda treatment for osteoarthritis not only relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis but also strengthen the joint and promotes regeneration of cartilage.