What is Anuvasana Vasti?
Anuvasana Vasti is a Panchakarma treatment for Vata imbalance. It involves the administration of oils and fats through Enema. Ayurveda calls Vata a dosha that takes care of most of our body functions. Environmental disturbances and unhealthy food practices result in vata imbalances. Vasti is the word used for Enema, and it is instrumental in removing Vata-based toxins from the body. Ayurveda calls this process half treatment (ardh chikitsa) because it plays an essential role in managing various medical problems.
Anuvasana is a Sanskrit term that means to stay. The medicines administered under Anuvasana Vasti remain in the intestine or bladder, or uterus for a long time. They detoxify the body, repair the damage and then leave the system without any side-effects. The dosage varies according to age, condition, and disease.
The patient needs to feed well to begin this process. After proper oleation (snehanam) and sudation (swedanam) in the lower abdomen, suitable fats, and oils get administered via the anal route.
Benefits of Anuvasana Vasti
Anuvasana Vasti is beneficial in many ways. Some of the most notable ones are:
- It helps in the lubrication and nourishment of the lower gastrointestinal tract.
- The process also helps in curing constipation.
- Very beneficial in curing dryness of the body.
- Abdominal distention.
- Useful in alleviating sciatic and back pains.
- It helps in treating metabolic and digestive disorders.
- It also removes the obstruction of flatus and urine.
- Effective for Various Neurological Disorders like Paralysis, Parkinson's Disease, etc
- Effective for Skin Disorders like eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
- Effective for Autoimmune Disorders like Rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, etc
- Effective for Obesity
- Effective for Gynaecological Disorders like menstrual disorders, abnormal uterine bleeding, etc