Psoriasis is not a contagious disease and is known as a hereditary disease which is triggered by some environmental factors. In Psoriasis Skin Disease, small patches appear on the skin and the skin starts to look abnormal.
If you feel changes in your nails and see some red spots on your skin with burning and itchy sensation. Then,
You might have Psoriasis Skin Disease
But, Need Not To Worry
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda can permanently cure your skin disease and Guess What,
You can get your normal and beautiful skin back.
All the patches or spots will go away and never come back.
This can only be possible with Psoriasis Ayurvedic Treatment.
So before getting onto Treatment, Let us first understand What is Psoriasis and What causes Psoriasis Skin Disease.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease which is identified by the patches formed on the skin.
Under this condition the skin looks abnormal and the lifecycle of cells speeds up.
The cells build up quickly on the surface of the skin and the extra skin cells form scales and red patches on the skin surface.
These newly formed skin patches are mostly red in colour, dry, scaly and itchy.
People with darker skin type may have purple coloured patches on the skin.
The severity of the psoriasis skin disease varies in each individual case. Some people have small patches on the skin whereas some may have the whole body covered with the patches. Any injury to the skin can cause psoriatic skin changes at a particular spot.
Types of Psoriasis
There are mainly 7 types of psoriasis like:
- Plaque psoriasis
- Nail psoriasis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Psoriatic psoriasis
Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of the psoriasis disease as it is found in 90% of the cases. Fingernails and toenails are affected in most of the people with the psoriasis skin disease.
Psoriasis Causes and Risk Factors
Psoriasis is a genetic disease which is triggered by environmental factors. Some of the common factors what causes psoriasis are :
- Genetics – Genes plays a major role in the development of the psoriasis disease as around ⅓ rd people suffering from the psoriasis are known to have a family history of the disease.
- Lifestyle – Certain habits like excessive alcohol and tobacco consumption can make the condition worse. Obesity and stress are also major risk factors of psoriasis.
- Viral and Bacterial Infections – People with strep throat and HIV are at more risk of contracting the disease than people with a healthy immune system.
- Medications – People who are taking medicines prescribed for bipolar disorders and high blood pressure are at more risk of the disease.
- Common triggers – There are some more triggers which can make the condition worse or can help in avoiding the disease. Some common triggers are Infections like strep throat, skin infections, skin injuries like a cut or scrape, bug bite, sunburn, Stress, Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, certain medications, and Vitamin D deficiency.
Signs and symptoms of the psoriasis disease vary in each person. Some of the common signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Cracked and dry skin and may cause bleeding
- Changes in the nails
- Red patches of skin with thick and silvery scales
- Small scaling spots
- Burning and Soreness
- Swollen and stiff joints
Most of the types of psoriasis can be controlled or may disappear after a point of time. The area covered with psoriasis can vary from small patches on the skin to large areas of the skin.
Can Psoriasis Be Cured Permanently?
Yes, Psoriasis can be cured completely with the help of ayurvedic treatment.
As Ayurveda can cure psoriasis permanently after a few sessions of the treatment consisting of ayurvedic medicines and rigorous panchakarma treatment for psoriasis.
Permanent in terms of its recurring nature. Ayurveda treats psoriasis from its root, so that it will not attack you in future.
Ayurveda provides a personalised treatment to every psoriasis patient after identifying the causing factors.
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, imbalance of vata and pitta dosha is responsible for psoriasis.
As per Ayurveda Psoriasis is understood under the heading of Kushtha chikitsa.
The main causative factor for psoriasis is the disturbed and stressed lifestyle, wrong eating habits and the accumulated toxicity at physical and mental level.
And the toxicity gets accumulated in anyone’s body due to negative materialistic targets of life along with ‘Viruddha Ahara’ (The wrong combination of food stuffs).
Hence, for the treatment of psoriasis, the complete purification of the body is done first by removing the toxins with the help of panchakarma therapies.
Without this panchakarma treatment for psoriasis, there can be recurrence of the disease.
The time duration for the panchakarma therapies are about 3-4 weeks in an ayurvedic hospital for psoriasis followed by Ayurveda medicines depending on Individual’s condition further for about 6 months to a year.
This is to be followed by changed food habits and healthy lifestyle. The major procedures used for the permanent cure of psoriasis are as follows :
- Rakta mokshana
- Vasti treatments
- Abhyang and Swedan
We at Prakash Nethralaya, since 2009, have successfully treated many Psoriasis patients by Ayurveda. Consult an Ayurvedic Eye Specialist here to get best Psoriasis Treatment in India. We are healing psoriasis naturally using Ayurvedic herbs and Panchakarma Treatment.
Whether it is Scalp Psoriasis or Nail Psoriasis or something else, Our Ayurvedic skin specialists can provide you best psoriasis treatment in Jaipur.
Conventional Treatment of Psoriasis
There are many treatment options available under conventional system, these treatments only help the patient in getting temporary relief by reducing the inflammation and clearing the skin. But chances of recurrence are still there.
There are 3 main types of treatment options available in allopathy which are:
- Topical treatments – Topical treatment is effective in the mild and moderate level of psoriasis. Topical treatment of psoriasis includes many methods which can temporarily relieve you from the disease but not gives you
- Light Therapies – Light therapy which is also known as phototherapy uses natural or artificial ultraviolet rays for the treatment. It also uses a lot of methods for temporary treatment such as sunlight, excimer laser and so on.
- Systemic Agents – If a patient is not getting significant results by other modes of treatments or is resistant to the other types of treatments. Systemic agents include:
- biologics (Drugs that alter the immune system)
Psoriasis Precautions and Lifestyle Changes
There are many precautions and lifestyle changes which can be used by a patient suffering from psoriasis, if these precautions and lifestyle changes are adopted properly along with Ayurvedic Treatment, then the patient can see significant improvement in the condition sooner before expected.
Some of the common precautions and lifestyle changes which can be followed are:
- Avoid cuts, scraps, and infections
- Practice yoga and meditation for removing stress
- Take care of the skin and scalp
- Avoid extreme weathers
- Apply moisturising lotions
- Use humidifiers
- Avoid certain drugs that cause flare-ups
- Practice abstinence from alcohol
- Exercise regularly
- Have a balanced diet
Natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis
There are many home remedies which can prove beneficial in the treatment of psoriasis.
These remedies can be used in moderate cases or in case of emergency. Some of the most popular and natural home remedies available for the treatment of psoriasis are:
- Aloe vera gel application over the affected skin can be soothing.
- Mix juice of bottle gourd, bitter gourd, neem leaves, lemon, and honey can be helpful to calm down the symptoms.
- Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease which is identified by the patches formed on the skin.
- Psoriasis can be a genetic disease which is triggered by environmental factors.
- Red patches of skin with thick and silvery scales are the most common symptom of the psoriasis disease.
- It is possible to cure psoriasis permanently with the help of ayurvedic treatment.
- Ayurvedic medicines for Psoriasis and Panchakarma treatment for Psoriasis are followed collectively for permanent treatment of Psoriasis preventing the recurrence.
- There are 3 main types of treatment options for psoriasis available in Allopathy which are topical treatments, light therapy, and systemic agents.
- Impact of psoriasis can be controlled to an extent after following some healthy lifestyle changes.
- Natural remedies for psoriasis such as aloe vera, bottle gourd and bitter gourd juices can be helpful in some cases.