Inability of eye to focus on distant objects is due to disease called myopia. Near sightedness or myopia is the most common eye disease now a day. In a class of students, more than 20% cases suffer from this disease.
Causes Of Myopia
- Excess near vision tasks like reading, any other intense close work for longer durations.
- Continuous use of mobile phone or computer.
- Sometimes heredity is also responsible for a specific type of myopia.
Symptoms Of Myopia
- Headache and eye strain.
- Blurred distant vision.
- Feeling exhausted while playing sport or driving.
- Squinting of eye.
Do's And Dont's In Myopia
- Blink the eyes frequently while having constantly focused vision.
- Take breaks in between longer closed works.
- Do eye exercises regularly.
- Avoid fast food and junk food.
- Use of ghee (Clarified Butter) is very important for children and in growing age.
Home Remedies In Myopia
- Mix fennel (Saunf) 100 gm, Black pepper 20 gm, Almond 100 gm, mishri (Refined sugar) 200 gm. Take 1 tsp twice daily with milk.
- Put cow ghee in eyes at night.
- Mix triphala and yashtimadhu powder in equal quantities. Take 1 tsp at bed time with milk or water.
Ayurvedic treatment of Myopia
Nethradhara, Tharpana, eye massage with medicated oils, ghee and herbal pastes give nourishment to eye muscles and remove strain. Along with these procedures, eye exercises and oral medicines are also given to strengthen the muscles thus improving the sharp and focused vision.