Sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses and as a result they get filled with mucous and micro organisms. This leads to infection with in the affected area. Blocked and mucous filled sinuses blocks the airway passage resulting in pain, nasal discharge, severe headache and fever.
Symptoms Of Sinusitis
- Constant nasal drainage.
- Tenderness of face and forehead.
- Frequent headaches.
- Periodic coughing and sneezing.
- Fever and sore throat.
Do's And Don'ts In Sinusitis
- Avoid curd, sour foods and cold eatables like cold drinks, ice cream
- Wake up before sunrise.
- Avoid day sleep.
- Avoid heavily digestible food items and fast food.
- Consume Indian spices like ginger, garlic, black pepper, clove, cardamom etc in all foods.
Home Remedies In Sinusitis
- Apply 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil on cheeks, forehead and upper part of nose. It relieves from pain, tenderness.
- Inhale steam mixed with 2 drops of eucalyptus oil, clove oil and a pinch of peppermint extract. It relieves from nasal congestion.
Ayurvedic Treatment Of Sinusitis
According to Ayurveda it is a kapha vitiated disease. Ayurveda medicines drain the mucous deposited in the sinuses, clears the infection and prevent the new mucous formation. Nasya with Swedan helps to remove the congestion and relieve from the symptoms. Usually 4-6 months Ayurveda medicines and treatments are sufficient enough for complete cure of sinusitis. Further maintenance is done with healthy life style and healthy eating habits.