As we all know that eye is one of the most important sense organs of our body and is directly connected to the brain. It is an extremely sensitive organ which is very closely related to the working of human brain. A doctor can always get almost all the details about the physiological and psychological issues which are taking place in our body. So it is very important to take good care of our eyes since they are known to reflect our personality. It is believed that the human eye is created by the fire element. It captures all the fire and heat of the complete universe and allows an individual to view any object by reflecting the heat and light. So the physical structure of the eye is required to be immersed in a cool and viscous liquid. This is the reason given by Ayurveda, for the adverse effect of heat on human eye.
There are many ways in which the eyes gets affected in our daily routine, like our eating habits, conditions of place where we work, impact of environment, airborne toxic exposure and many more. So there are many diseases which affect our eyes to a great extent. And there is no proper treatment of these eye diseases in the modern medical generation. But the Ayurveda still has got a number of solutions for treating various eye diseases. Here the factors like, lifestyle of the individual, his/her eating habits, genetic issues regarding the disease etc. are also taken into account. The following eye diseases can be cured completely by adopting methods of Ayurvedic treatment for eye diseases.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Refractive Errors
- Dry Eyes
General reasons for the occurrence of eye diseases
There are three major doshas which are responsible for proper functioning of the body, Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Any kind of imbalance in the proportion of these doshas can make a person seriously ill. These doshas have different types of functions in different parts of human body. An imbalance in the ratio of doshas in eye can leads to various eye diseases. Some of the major factors which can cause imbalance in doshas are as follows :
- Sudden change in body temperature, like bathing with cold water while your body is hot.
- Varying sleep patterns due to shift job causes stress in human eye which can lead to various issues.
- Seeing distant object or having a job of keeping a check on distant objects on a regular basis can also lead to eye disorders.
- Taking excess stress or tension can also damage the eye tissues.
- Crying for a long duration effects eye in an adverse manner.
- Some accidental injuries can also be responsible for eye issues.
- Excess sexual intercourse.
- Consuming sour, oily and spicy food in excess amount.
- Too much steam bath or sauna exposure.
- Excessive exposure to environmental pollution.
- Intake of alcohol and other toxins including smoking.
What should be done to avoid Eye diseases?
- Less exposure to television or computer screen.
- Avoid salty, sour and spicy food in excess.
- Protect eyes from dust and pollution.
- Green vegetables should be taken in proper amount since they are good for eyes.
- Have a good and sound sleep.
- Avoid direct contact to welding light, strong sunlight, smoke, dust and other harmful things.
- Try to keep your stomach healthy.
- Excess stress and anger should be avoided.
- Regular eye workout is advised.
Any kind of eye diseases can lead to some other eye disorder of even more intensity, so we should go for the Ayurvedic treatment of eye diseases since they are extremely safe and are reliable. These treatments are known to be free from any kind of side effects. So opt for the best Ayurvedic treatment at Prakash Nethralaya and Panchkarma Kendra and strive for the best treatment for your eyes. The teams for best Ayurvedic doctors are here to help you out with the treatment of your eye disorder and provide you complete and healthy vision.