Everything About Eye Allergy
What is Allergic Conjunctivitis?
Allergic conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the white part of the eye which is known as conjunctiva.
A reaction of different allergens causes Allergic Conjunctivitis. The most common allergens are pollens and spores.
In the allergic pink eye, the eyes of the affected person become reddened, swollen, hot, and painful. Chemical mediators like Histamine and some other active substances are released from the body through mast cells. This reaction shows several symptoms in the eye.
Generally, the infection occurs during hay season and affects a large number of people throughout the world.
Unlike other types of conjunctivitis, allergic conjunctivitis is not contagious.
Allergic Conjunctivitis Causes and Risk Factors
Allergic conjunctivitis is caused by the reaction of the eyes or the whole body to the different kind of allergens. Most of the people are not allergic to all the common allergens. Some people can’t tolerate certain allergens. Their body overreacts which causes allergic conjunctivitis.
Causes of Allergic Conjunctivitis
Most common allergic conjunctivitis allergens which are responsible for the allergy of eyes are :
- Pollen from trees and grass.
- Air pollution
- Animal Fur and secretions
- Dust Mites
- Animal Dander
- Skin cosmetics
- Skin medicines
- Specific food items
- Insect bites or stings
- Hereditary factors - A child can inherit the infection from parents. He is more likely to develop allergic conjunctivitis if both the parents have it.
Risk factors of Allergic Conjunctivitis
- People who have any other kind of allergy in the body are more likely to develop eye allergy.
- Allergic conjunctivitis can affect a person of any age. Most commonly it is seen in children and adolescents.
- People having allergies residing in places with the high availability of the allergens are very prone to the infection.
Eye Allergy Symptoms
People affected with allergic conjunctivitis shows many symptoms after being infected by the disease. Some common symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are :
- Redness of the eyes
- Pain in the Eyes
- Swollen eyelids
- Soreness of the eyes.
- Light Sensitivity
- Watering from the eyes.
Is it Possible To Cure Allergic Conjunctivitis Permanently?
Yes, it is possible to cure allergic conjunctivitis or eye allergy permanently only with the help of ayurvedic treatment. It has a holistic and completely natural approach. Allergic Conjunctivitis Natural Treatment can cure the disease permanently that too without any side effect.
Eye Allergy Ayurvedic Treatment
Allergic conjunctivitis is a recurrent disease and everyone
Ayurvedic treatment for eye allergy provides a permanent solution with the help of ayurvedic eye allergy medicines and ayurvedic therapies. The holistic approach of Ayurvedic treatment cleanses the body by Panchakarma therapies. After the detoxification, the Ayurveda medicines strengthen the immune system. This is how a complete cure is established. Along with the therapies and medicines, ayurvedic treatment is complemented by some healthy lifestyle changes and yoga. All together works better. The major therapies done for the treatment of Eye Allergy are as mentioned below:
- Pindi and Vidalak
Allergic Conjunctivitis Prevention and Lifestyle Changes
A patient of eye allergy is advised to take some precautions in lifestyle. By doing this, the severity of the symptoms can be minimized and the effectiveness of the Ayurvedic treatment increases.
Some eye allergy prevention and lifestyle changes which can be done are:
- Keep your pets clean and don't allow them in your bedroom.
- Avoid going out of the home during hay season as much as possible .
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful sun rays.
- Keep your home and surroundings clean.
- Use indoor air purifiers for fresh and dirt free air.
- Close the doors and windows when the pollen count is high.
- Stay away from harmful chemicals.
Allergic Conjunctivitis Home Remedies
Home remedies can prove useful in some less serious cases. There are some useful home remedies which can be used for getting relief from the disease for a short period of time.
Some useful eye allergy home remedies which can be used by allergic conjunctivitis patients are:
- Avoid rubbing the eyes - Eyes should not be rubbed because it can further increase the inflammation in the eyes.
- Apply cold compresses - By applying cool compresses a person affected from the diseases can get a lot of relief in the symptoms like burning and redness of eyes.
- Apply Hot Compress - By applying hot compress a person can get rid of pain, itching, and watering.
The choice of hot or cold compress depends on the symptoms of the patient.
Key Points on Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis or Eye allergy is caused by a reaction of the body to allergens.
- Allergens like pollens and eye drops are the main factors which cause the disease.
- Redness, swelling and soreness of the eyes are the most common symptoms of the disease.
- Permanent cure of the allergic conjunctivitis is possible through ayurvedic treatment.
- Conventional allergic conjunctivitis treatment uses methods like antihistamines, corticosteroids, etc but it is not much reliable.
- Eye allergy natural treatment uses natural herbs and therapies and does a permanent cure.
- By adopting some healthy lifestyle changes and taking some precautions, a person affected by the disease can control the symptoms.
- Allergic conjunctivitis home remedies like compresses and avoidance of allergens with the help of different methods is very useful in getting relief from the disease.