Amblyopia or Lazy Eye
Improve the Vision of Lazy Eye in Children through Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Procedures
Consult for your disease now
Prakash Nethralaya is the best ayurvedic hospital for ayurvedic treatment of Amblyopia(Lazy Eye), other eye diseases and general diseases.
Is it possible to cure Amblyopia permanently?
Yes, it is possible to cure amblyopia permanently with the help of ayurvedic treatment if the patient approaches in an ayurvedic eye hospital below 7 years of age. There can be a good possibility of improvement even upto 15 years of age. It becomes difficult to improve the vision after 15 years of age. Amblyopia is treated with a holistic approach under the supervision of an experienced ayurvedic eye specialist.
Amblyopia Treatment in Ayurveda
Ayurvedic treatment for amblyopia comprises of specialized Ayurveda therapies over the eyes to strengthen the weakened eye muscles and to stimulate the connections of the weak eye and the brain. It comprises of 15 days therapies in an ayurvedic eye hospital followed by herbal medicines for amblyopia further with eye patching exercises to cure amblyopia. The vision can even be corrected up to 100 % if the timely lazy eye treatment is given in childhood. The major procedures which are done to cure amblyopia or lazy eye permanently are as follows:
- Annalepana over the eyes.
- Oil Abhyanga over the closed eyes.
- Kizhiswedan over the eyes.
- Anjana & Aschyotana
In a few cases, these therapies can be needed repeatedly at an interval of 6 months. The total duration of the amblyopia treatment is generally 1-2 years.
What is Amblyopia?
Amblyopia, also known as lazy eye is an eye disorder which affects the normal vision of a person. In this medical condition, one or both of the eyes of a person doesn’t develop properly in early childhood. It occurs because of a lack of coordination between the eyes and brain. It mostly affects children and young adults. It occurs mainly in a single eye and the quality of vision in one eye is way better than the other.
Causes of Amblyopia
The causes of amblyopia disease are formed in childhood, some of the main causes of amblyopia are:
- Genetic Causes - Amblyopia is generally seen in children since birth but it is diagnosed at a later age of 3-4 years. Can be diagnosed earlier also if there is squint seen in the eyes.
- Poor alignment of the eyes - It restricts the proper functioning of the eyes.
- Shape of eyes - Differently shaped or irregular eye shapes interferes in focusing.
- One eye is nearsighted.
- One eye is farsighted - One eye is more farsighted and can see things more clearly in comparison to the other eye.
- Clouding of the lens of an eye - It affects the vision of the eye as due to the clouding a layer disrupts the clear vision.
- Unable to focus on a single object with both eyes.
Signs and Symptoms of Amblyopia
It is very difficult to identify a child suffering from amblyopia, to identify the disease you should take your child for the checkup. The vision in one eye is much stronger than the other and because of this, a person doesn’t realize that he is suffering from any vision loss.
Some of the common signs and symptoms of the amblyopia disease are:
- Poor visual acuity
- Poor pattern recognition
- Poor judgement to contrast and motion.
- Seeing Squint in one eye.
- Focuses on the objects by tilting the neck.
Home Remedies for Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
Some home remedies are available for treating the amblyopia disease, these home remedies should not be taken as a permanent solution to the disease. Most commonly used home remedies for amblyopia are:
- Honey - You can use one drop of honey in the affected eye every morning.
- Clarified Butter - Take 2 or 4 drops of clarified butter over the fingertips and do mild massage over the closed eyelids. Pure cow ghee is more useful in comparison to other type of ghee.
- Triphala - Wash the eye with decoction made from Triphala. The decoction should be filtered with cotton.
Precautions and Lifestyle Changes
There are some useful precautions and lifestyle changes available to reduce the effects of amblyopia. By adopting these practices an amblyopia patient can assist the current treatment.
The most effective preventive measures of amblyopia disease are:
- The most effective preventive measure of amblyopia is the early detection of the disease, by identifying the disease early on which doctors can work easily in the recovery of the lost vision. In most cases, the disease develops in early childhood so it is very necessary to detect the disease early and start the treatment as soon as possible.
- Avoid junk food and processed food products.
- Healthy and balanced diet - Take diet rich in vital nutrients (green vegetables and fruits).
- Avoid excessive use of gadgets like laptops, computers, smartphones,etc.
- Include the use of clarified butter (pure ghee) in your diet.