Bell's Palsy Treatment in Ayurveda
Strengthen Weak Muscles & Get Relief from irritating Symptoms with Ayurvedic Treatment of Bell's Palsy
Consult for your disease now
In Ayurveda, the symptoms of Ball’s palsy resembles Ardita. It is a disease characterized by vitiated Vata dosha causing forehead creases to fold loss, incomplete closure of eye, tearing, dysarthria, deviation of mouth to the opposite side, excessive salivation, taste disturbances, and smell loss. The features of Ardita as per Ayurveda in modern times suggest the involvement of all cranial nerves present as a Lakshana in Ardita. Also, the involvement of the facial nerve is very obvious as it manifests with more number of symptoms than any other cranial nerve. This is the reason why the Ardita is often compared to facial nerve palsy even though the involvement of all the cranial nerves is seen.
The following products are used as bell's palsy treatment in Ayurveda:
- Ashwagandha - This herbal product can play a significant role in reducing anxiety, stress, and depression in a person. It calms brain muscles and rejuvenates the entire nervous system. This herb i.e. Ashwagandha is also very effective in treating all kinds of body pains, joint pains and muscle stiffness in back and neck muscles. It makes an excellent and effective bells palsy treatment in ayurveda.
- Brahmi – Brahmi is an effective bells palsy treatment in ayurveda, It is a herbal medicine packed with pure extracts of Brahmi herb (Bacopa monnieri) which is also known as the memory enhancer. It strengthens brain muscles, nourishes neurons, increases retention power and stimulates the nervous system.
- Curcumin – This is wonderful herbal medicine used as a bells palsy treatment in ayurveda, which gives relief from the pain of joints, muscles, and body. This herb can successfully treat nervous disorders and produces long term results. It is rich in natural anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.
- Brahma Rasayan - This herbal rasayan is prepared from ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Shankhpushpi (Clitoria ternatea), Amla (Emblica Officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum) and Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), etc that gives effective results in Bell's palsy patients. Brahma Rasayana is an herbal medicine that rejuvenates the body and fights against stress, fatigue, tiredness. The Rasayana increases memory, immunity & intelligence.
- Nirgundi Oil - Nirgundi oil is an herbal classical formulation that is best indicated in Bell's palsy where half of the face is paralyzed. The oil possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and natural analgesic properties that deal with symptoms effectively. It is used for external application and considered as best in bells palsy treatment in ayurveda.
Bell’s palsy is a condition in which the muscles on either side of the face become weak or paralyzed. It is a condition that distorts the facial appearance which causes considerable functional, psychosocial and aesthetic disturbance to the affected individual. It is the most common cranial neuropathy and may originate from various kinds of damage to the seventh nerve. The peak incidence is between the middle-old aged and is higher in men than women. It often causes facial muscle weakness, the condition can make talking, laughing, eating and swallowing a difficult task.
For most people, this disorder is temporary. Symptoms usually start to improve within a few weeks.
One should seek immediate medical help or should take facial paralysis ayurvedic treatment if he/she experiences any type of paralysis.
There's no specific test for Bell's palsy. Your doctor will look at your face and ask you to move your facial muscles by closing your eyes, lifting your brow, showing your teeth and frowning, among other movements. See your doctor if you experience facial weakness or slumping to determine the underlying cause and severity of the illness.
The exact Bell's palsy causes are not clear, but it's often related to exposure to a viral infection.
The viruses/bacteria that have been linked to the development of Bell’s palsy include:
- Herpes simplex, which causes cold sores and genital herpes
- HIV, which damages the immune system
- Herpes zoster virus, which causes chickenpox and shingles
- Epstein-Barr virus, which causes mononucleosis
- Lyme disease, which is a bacterial infection caused by infected ticks
- Cold sores and genital herpes (herpes simplex)
- Chickenpox and shingles (herpes zoster)
- Infectious mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr)
- Cytomegalovirus infections
- Adenovirus causes respiratory illnesses
- Rubella virus is known to cause measles.
- Mumps virus
- Influenza B virus
Risk Factors of Having Bell's Palsy
Bell's palsy occurs more often in people who:
- Have an upper respiratory infection, such as the flu or a cold
- Have diabetes
- Have a family history of recurrent attacks, suggesting a possible genetic predisposition to Bell's palsy
Bell's palsy symptoms and signs include:
The symptoms of Bell’s palsy can develop one to two weeks after a mild cold, ear or eye infection.
- Rapid onset of mild weakness to total paralysis on one side of your face.
- Facial droop and difficulty making facial expressions, such as closing your eye or smiling
- Pain around the jaw or in or behind your ear on the affected side
- Increased sensitivity to sound on the affected side
- A decrease in your ability to taste
- Changes in the number of tears and saliva you produce
- Difficulty eating and drinking
- An inability to make facial expressions, such as smiling or frowning
- The weakness of facial nerves and muscles.
- Muscle twitches in the face
- Dry eye and mouth
- Sensitivity to sound
- Irritation of the eye on the involved side
One should not ignore the signs or symptoms and should get the facial paralysis ayurvedic treatment from the experts.
For natural bells palsy treatment, some home remedies are as follows:
- Vitamin B6 is associated with eye health and nervous system health. Foods rich in Vitamin B6 include chickpeas, potatoes, bananas, avocado, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds should be taken to cure bell’s palsy.
- Meditation, yoga and deep breathing exercises can help relieve muscle tension and chronic pain by reducing stress.
- Adding zinc-rich foods to your diet can help your body heal from the disorder. Try to add spinach, kidney beans, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and watermelon seeds in your diet.
Along with the home remedies you should consult with the doctor and get the best bells palsy treatment in Ayurveda. Because Ayurveda is natural cure and it doesn't have any side effects.
- Apply moist heat- Putting a washcloth soaked in warm water on your face several times a day may help relieve pain from the ball’s palsy.
- Facial exercises and massage: As the facial nerve begins to recover, tightening and relaxing facial muscles can help strengthen them.
- Dental care: If there is little or no feeling in the mouth it is easy for food to build up leading to decay or gum disease. Brushing and flossing can help prevent this.
- Problems with eating: If there are difficulties with swallowing, the individual should chew food well and eat slowly. Choosing soft foods, such as yogurt can also help.
- Over the counter pain relief: To ease any of the pain instantly, Some pain relief medications may be purchased for bells palsy treatment.