Get Rid of Irritating Spasmodic Closing of Eyes Through Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Procedures
Consult for your disease now
Prakash Nethralaya is the best ayurvedic hospital for ayurvedic treatment of Blepharospasm, other eye diseases and general diseases.
Is it Possible to Cure Blepharospasm or Eye Twitching Permanently?
Yes, it is possible to cure blepharospasm permanently with ayurvedic treatment under the supervision of an experienced ayurvedic eye specialist.
Eye Twitching or Blepharospasm Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurvedic treatment of blepharospasm comprises of specialized panchakarma therapies to calm down the aggravated Vata dosha which is responsible for the dryness of eyes and the nerve cells.
All the causative factors of blepharospasm are Vata aggravating factors which gradually causes abnormal contraction of the eye muscles due to irritation of the adjoining nerve cells. The eye twitching treatment which is being done by medicated oils, herbal decoctions and the ghee formulations soothes the sick nerve cells and calm down them leading to the reduction of spasm.
The blepharospasm treatment comprises of approx 21 days in house treatment in an Ayurvedic eye hospital under the supervision of an Ayurvedic eye specialist followed by strengthening Ayurvedic medicines for blepharospasm further for about a year. The success rate of permanent ayurvedic treatment of blepharospasm is very good and the patient can expect a complete cure. The major procedures adopted for the treatment are as follows :
- Abhyang and Swedan
- Shirodhara or Shirovasti
- Anjana & aschyotana
Blepharospasm is an abnormal contraction of the eyelids or the abnormal twitching of the eyelids occur in this condition. The eyes appear absolutely normal in this condition and the only serious problem is the forced blinking of the eyes. Mostly the upper eyelid blinks forcefully and the affected person is unable to stop the blinking.
In most of the cases, the affected person doesn’t need any treatment as blepharospasm patient recovers after a few days but in some serious cases, the condition lasts for years. If not treated on time the condition could lead to impairment of vision also leading to permanent blindness. People affected with blepharospasm or hemifacial spasm face many problems in daily life routine due to the involuntary eye twitching.
Some of the main causes of the blepharospasm disease are:
- Heredity - Blepharospasm is an eye disease which runs in family genes, the chances of being getting affected by the disease increases.
- Abnormal functioning of the basal ganglion is linked with the blepharospasm disease or eye twitching, the basal ganglion is a part of the brain which is responsible for muscle movements.
- People with a history of dry eyes and light sensitivity.
- Use of certain drugs is also associated with the blepharospasm disease.
- Stress - A person who is dealing with stress is at high risk of having twitching in eyes.
- Bright Light - Very bright light is harmful to the eyes as it affects the retina of the eyes.
- Pollution - Bad quality of air and wind is very harmful to the eyes as it develops a cloudy layer in the eyes.
In the initial stages of blepharospasm or you can say hemifacial spasm, there are no visible symptoms but the symptoms start appearing gradually after a period of time. Some common symptoms of blepharospasm disease are :
- Excessive or abnormal blinking of the eyes.
- Twitching of the eye muscles.
- Contractions of the eye muscles.
- Dryness of the eyes.
- Photophobia - A blepharospasm patient becomes very sensitive to light (both natural and artificial sources of light).
- Irritation in the eye.
- Other parts of the face may get affected by the spasm.
Some home remedies are available for blepharospasm, these home remedies can be effective in some cases but can’t be treated as a permanent cure for the disease. Some common home remedies which are followed for the treatment of blepharospasm disease are:
- Take one tsp ashwagandha choorna at bedtime.
- Take 10 gm paste of garlic with 10 ml butter or ghee in the morning daily.
- Herbal supplements can prove beneficial in the treatment.
By adopting the positive lifestyle changes and preventive measures, a patient suffering from blepharospasm disease can help the doctor in assisting the treatment. Some useful precautions and lifestyle changes which can be adopted by a blepharospasm patient are:
- Avoid Bright Light - Bright light should be avoided as it acts as an irritant to the eyes.
- Stress Relieving Activities - Meditation and other activities that relieve stress should be practised. As stress is also one of the causes of the blepharospasm disease it becomes very much necessary to avoid stress and lead a peaceful life. Good sleep for 6-8 hrs is very helpful in faster recovery.
- Treatment of Underlying Diseases - Diseases like dry eyes and blepharitis should be treated on time, it would help in reducing the risk of the disease.
- Control Medicine Use - Use of casual medicines should be minimised to reduce the chances of acquiring the disease.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol - Consumption of alcohol and smoking is very injurious to health and can cause serious eye diseases.
- Avoid Constipation - Constipation creates a lot of complications in the body which later results in deadly diseases.