Prakash Nethralaya’s Panchakarma therapies worked like a miracle for my corneal scars. My last check-up report showed no scars and strain on my cornea which is a big relief given the nature of my job. A huge thanks to Dr Dinesh and his team that were so warm and patient with me throughout the process.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Corneal Scar
Clear the Scar from Cornea and hence Clear Vision with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Procedures
Let's Know about Corneal Scar
Our eyes are protected by an invisible layer called the cornea. Its primary function is to keep away dirt, infections, germs, and scars away. However, injuries, surgeries, and certain infections may disturb its original formation resulting in scars and ulcers. It is a severe condition and must be treated with immediate effect. Ayurveda offers an effective and natural treatment for corneal ulcers that works effectively without any side effects.
Causes or Symptoms of Corneal Scar
A person suffering from Corneal Scar can easily observe some symptoms of the disease after a few days. You must contact an eye specialist for early treatment. Identifying the symptoms of the disease early can make the recovery process fast.
Corneal scars symptoms may include the following:
- Blurred vision
- A burning or scratching sensation in your eye
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Eyelid swelling
- Excessive tearing
Causes of Corneal Scar
Corneal scars may be caused by the following:
- Injury to the cornea (abrasion, laceration, burns, or disease).
- Most cases of corneal ulcers are due to a bacterial infection that invades the cornea — often following an eye injury, trauma or other damage.
- Another major cause of corneal ulcer is herpes simplex virus infection, which can damage the exterior and sometimes even deeper layers of the eye’s surface.
- Genetics – One may inherit this disease from the parents.
- Chemical burns or other caustic (damaging) solution splashes can injure the cornea and lead to corneal ulceration.
- Allergies also affect your eyes and cause corneal scars. Typically eye allergies are triggered by one of the following:
- Indoor allergens like dust and dander
- Outdoor allergens like pollens
- Irritants like smoke and perfume
Corneal Scars Treatment in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, the emphasis is given to the complete human body including its vital parts like the brain. Through Ayurveda, most eye diseases are curable with an effect that lasts for a very good period of time. Prakash Nethralaya has an extensive ayurvedic program for various eye treatments including the corneal scarring treatment in Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, Corneal scarring is caused due to vitiation of Vata dosha. The cornea is the site of Vata dosha (i.e. why it is rich in nerve supply and no blood supply).
Vitiated Vata dosha alters the shape of the cornea making it irregular in shape. Ayurvedic eye treatment of corneal scars arrests the degeneration process and reduce the symptoms. The major corneal scarring treatment procedures are as follows:
Our Approach To Corneal Scar Treatment
Preventions for Corneal Scar
The cornea is very important for the eye. A healthy cornea is needed for a healthy eye and we can prevent corneal scarring by following steps:
- Follow strict hygiene guidelines if you wear contact lenses. Improper use of these lenses is the main reason for developing corneal scars.
- Don’t sleep with contact lenses in, even if they’re FDA approved for it. This habit greatly raises your risk of cornea infections.
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling the lenses. Never use saliva to lubricate your lenses because the bacteria from your mouth can harm your cornea.
- You can’t prevent diseases that you get from your parents (like dystrophies). But you can cling to your vision if you find them early and take the measures.
Lifestyle Changes for Corneal Scar
Our eyes are one of the most important organs in our body. Taking care of an eye is as important as our body. Various lifestyle changes to get rid of the corneal scar as follows:
- Habits like continuously staring at screens or monitors, which leads to the straining of eyes should be avoided or reduced.
- Ensuring proper lighting while using your eyes are some of the healthy lifestyle habits one should adopt.
- Sleep is also important to ensure eyes are maintained healthy and get rid of corneal scarring.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them immediately.
- Apply cool compresses to the affected eye.
- Do not touch or rub your eye with your fingers.
- Limit the worsening of infection by washing your hands often and drying them with a clean towel.
- Take over-the-counter pain medications, to remove the pain or infection immediately.
- Do not skip the eye drops for corneal scars prescribed by your doctor.
Success Stories of Corneal Scar Treatment
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.