I came to Prakash Nethralaya after intense pain in my left eye for 5 days. I was diagnosed with a corneal ulcer and the treatment started on the very same day. The symptoms and pain subsided within a week and now it's been 3 weeks and my vision is getting back to its normal self with every passing day. Huge thanks to Dr Dinesh and his team for timely intervention and treatment.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Corneal Ulcer
Treat Inflammation and Clear Spots on Cornea with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma
- 1 Ayurvedic Treatment of Corneal Ulcer
- 2 Let's Know about Corneal Ulcer
- 3 Symptoms of Corneal Ulcer
- 4 Corneal Ulcer Treatment and Diagnosis In Ayurveda
- 5 Our Approach To Corneal Ulcer Treatment
- 6 Why To Choose Ayurveda?
- 7 Success Stories of Corneal Ulcer Treatment
- 8 Diet & Lifestyle Changes for Corneal Ulcer
Let's Know about Corneal Ulcer
The cornea of your eyes is the most important protective layer that keeps it safe and also allows light to enter the eyes. If it gets compromised or infected, the consequences can be drastic. Therefore, doctors suggest patients take corneal ulcer treatment without any delays.
Symptoms of Corneal Ulcer
The major corneal ulcer symptoms are as follows:
- Redness of the eye
- Severe pain and soreness of the eye
- The feeling of having something in your eye
- Pus or other discharge
- Blurred vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Swelling of the eyelids
- A white spot on your cornea that you may or may not be able to see while looking in the mirror
- Inflammation of the eyelids
- A white or grey round spot on the cornea that is visible with the naked eye if the ulcer is large
Corneal Ulcer Treatment and Diagnosis In Ayurveda
People with a corneal ulcer must visit an eye doctor as soon as they feel the symptoms. If the ulcer is related to an underlying systemic disorder, consultation with your primary care physician and/or a rheumatologist can be very helpful.<br><br>
Ayurveda has an important role to play in infective eye diseases which needs to be explored scientifically. According to Ayurveda, this disease is an acquired disease and hence should be treated according to the symptoms. Various therapies are there for the natural corneal ulcer treatment in Ayurveda which includes – Netradhara, Anjanam, Virechana, and Nasya, etc. Wound healing drugs are selected for Nethradhara and Anjana. Jatimukuladi Varti Anjanam and Jatayadi Ghtitam, Doorva Ghrit in eyes are considered excellent for corneal ulcer management. The target of corneal ulcer treatment is the earliest healing of wounds so that the chances of scar formation can be minimized.
Our Approach To Corneal Ulcer Treatment
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Success Stories of Corneal Ulcer Treatment
Diet & Lifestyle Changes for Corneal Ulcer
The eyes are one of the most important organs in the body. Taking care of an eye is as important as our body. Various lifestyle changes to get rid of the corneal scar as follows:
- Habits like continuously staring at screens or monitors, which leads to the straining of eyes should be avoided or reduced.
- Ensuring proper lighting while using your eyes are some of the healthy lifestyle habits one should adopt.
- Sleep is also important to ensure eyes are maintained healthy and get rid of corneal scarring.