Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda
Prevent recurrent blood leakages in Retina naturally through Ayurvedic Treatment
Consult for your disease now
Prakash Nethralaya is the best hospital for diabetic retinopathy treatment in ayurveda and other eye or general diseases.
Is It Possible to Cure Diabetic Retinopathy Permanently?
The answer is partial Yes, Prevention of blindness is the most ideal target of treatment in diabetic retinopathy cases. Else the vision keeps on deteriorating gradually leading to absolute Blindness. Ayurveda treatment can heal diabetic retinopathy. The treatment is highly effective and natural. Ayurveda cures diabetic retinopathy completely with no signs of returning again through its holistic approach.
Diabetic retinopathy treatment in ayurveda requires long sessions on a patient's body. No side effect of the same has been noticed yet.
Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Ayurveda
Disturbance in Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas is the cause for diabetic retinopathy. Diabetic retinopathy treatment in Ayurveda focuses on removing the impurities from the body which caused the imbalance.
Ayurveda therapies provide strength to the blood vessels of the retina due to which the further hemorrhages are prevented. In addition, blood clots are also reabsorbed after a certain period of time.
Various nourishing ayurvedic medicine for diabetic retinopathy provides strength to the retina and optic nerves. By doing so, the vision gets cleared.
The major procedures done for the diabetic retinopathy treatment in Ayurveda are as follows:
- Pindi and Vidalak
- Anjana and Aschyotana
- Tharpana after absorption of hemorrhage
- Ayurvedic medicine for diabetic retinopathy to control blood pressure and blood sugar.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye disease caused by diabetes. Diabetes damages the blood vessels of the retina (part of the eye on which the images are formed). It results in the swelling in the blood vessels. There occurs leakage of the blood inside the retina. This increased fluid and swelling of the retina cause complications in the functioning of the eye and ultimately the blindness.
A person suffering from diabetes from a longer period is more prone to be affected by diabetic retinopathy. According to Ayurveda imbalance and disturbance in Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are responsible for diabetic retinopathy. By doing Ayurvedic treatment, A balance of all three doshas is achieved.
The main cause of diabetic retinopathy is the uncontrolled blood sugar levels for a longer duration of time. A person who has prolonged diabetes even with good control of blood sugar is prone to develop retinopathy changes. There are certain risk factors that can accelerate the speed of retinopathy changes in a diabetic patient. Some of them are summarized as below.
- The Time Span of Diabetes - Time duration of diabetes is directly related to the chances of getting retinopathy. A person who is suffering from diabetes for a long time is at more risk of retinopathy.
- High Cholesterol - A diabetic person with high cholesterol levels is at more risk of having diabetic retinopathy.
- High Blood Pressure - Uncontrolled and high blood pressure in a diabetic patient increases the risk of diabetic retinopathy.
- Blood Sugar Levels - Unchecked and poorly controlled blood-sugar levels cause diabetic retinopathy.
- Tobacco - A diabetic person with excessive use of tobacco products is at high risk of diabetic retinopathy.
- Pregnancy - Diabetic Women in their pregnancy are at higher risk of diabetic retinopathy.
At an early stage diabetic retinopathy doesn’t show any signs and symptoms. Symptoms start appearing in the second stage of diabetic retinopathy. The common signs and symptoms are -
- A person gradually starts suffering from blurred vision.
- A patient suffering from diabetic retinopathy starts experiencing floaters in the vision.
- A person starts having variations in eyesight ranging from clear vision to highly blurred vision.
- A very common symptom is impairment of color vision.
- Complete loss of vision can happen if there is heavy blood leakage.
- Night vision becomes poor.
- Complete loss of vision can happen
- Formation of dark areas inside the central vision area.
A person noticing any of the above-mentioned signs and symptoms should immediately consult the doctor. The timely diagnosis and treatment will help to control the disease in that condition. Timely diagnosis and treatment for diabetic retinopathy is the only key to prevent blindness.
Diabetic Retinopathy has 2 main stages
- NPDR or Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy - It is an early stage of diabetic retinopathy which is caused by the swelling of retina leaving a blurred vision. It is the initial and the most common form of diabetic retinopathy.
- PDR or Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy - It is the more advanced condition of diabetic retinopathy which is caused by the formation of new and abnormal blood vessels inside the retina. The new blood vessels are very weak and fragile. They can rupture easily leading to frequent leakage of blood inside the retina and vitreous. This condition is very serious and can cause complete loss of vision.
Along with Diabetic retinopathy treatment in ayurveda some most common home remedies for are as follows -
- Apply a paste of sandalwood over closed eyelids.
- Drink amla juice daily in the morning empty stomach.
- Drink bottle gourd juice daily in the morning empty stomach.
- A person should control high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Exercise daily for good metabolism.
- Abstinence from alcohol and tobacco.
- Bodyweight should be according to body mass index.
- A healthy diet should be followed.
- Regular checkup with an eye specialist.
These precautions and lifestyle changes help in assisting diabetic retinopathy treatment.