In simple terms, Eye Floaters means “something that seems floating in the eyes”. There is a steep increase in the number of people seeking treatment for eye floaters. It is a common problem that can affect your normal life on varying scales depending on the underlying cause. Ayurvedic treatment for eye floaters is a widely accepted approach to this problem.
What are Eye Floaters?
Medically, eye floaters refer to small dark objects that a patient sees floating in front of his eyes. These objects can acquire various shapes like thread, strings, webs, dots, etc. Also, they have no static position as they keep moving and dart away as the patient focuses on anything. Hence, the name - eye floaters. The Ayurvedic treatment for eye floaters offers a reliable, long-term, and completely natural cure for this problem.
Causes of Eye Floaters
Several conditions may lead to eye floaters. The primary ones are as follows:
- Torn Retina: When a sagging vitreous exerts too much force on the retina it can tear up. If not treated on time, it may result in retinal detachment (fluid accumulation behind the retina) causing the retina to separate from the rear end of the eye. If it continues a little longer it may result in permanent vision loss.
- Eye Bleeding: If there is any kind of bleeding in the vitreous due to blocked blood vessels, injury, diabetes, or hypertension. The blood cells in the vitreous cavity are seen as floaters.
- Eye medications and eye surgeries: Some medications injected in vitreous result in the formation of air bubbles. These bubbles form shadows on the retina till our eyes absorb them back.
- Eye Inflammation: Inflammation in the layers of the uvea at the rear end of the eye often releases inflammatory debris in the vitreous. Such debris can be seen floating as eye floaters. They aren’t directly harmful but indicate uveitis which can be a serious problem for the patient.
- Ageing: The jelly-like fluid present inside the eyes starts changing as our body ages. With time, a portion of this jelly turns into liquid that distorts the shape of eyeballs internally. With time, the vitreous keeps shrinking and sagging, clumps, and finally gets stringy. Its debris creates blockages in the path of light entering the eye forming small shadows on the retina. These shadows are called eye floaters.
- Eye Tumours: Sometimes, the formation of tumours inside the eyeballs blocks the path of light passing through the eye. The patient experience shadows on the retina which often get termed as eye floaters.
Symptoms of Eye Floaters
- Small dark or transparent floating objects that appear in different shapes like strings, threads, balls, etc in the eyes.
- Spots that move along with the movement of your eyes, disappear when you focus on them.
- Dark noticeable spots when you focus on any plain bright surface.
- Small strings or shapes that settle down or move out of vision several times a day.
Eye Floaters Treatment in Ayurveda
Eye floaters treatment in Ayurveda revolves around removal of the root cause of this problem. Ayurvedic doctors identify eye floaters as a Vata Dosha. So, the treatment focuses on normalizing the disturbances caused by this particular dosha. It begins with the diagnosis of the type of eye floaters experienced by the patients. If they are simple harmless floaters, the treatment includes Panchakarma therapies like Siro abhyanga, Netra tharpanam, Sirodhara, etc.
However, if the patient is experiencing floaters due to ocular pathologies like uveitis, age-related macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy, then the treatment moves beyond eye floaters. The focus shifts to the treatment of the underlying cause of floaters which varies from patient to patient. Though the ayurvedic medicines for eye floaters are similar in both cases, the scale of treatment makes them different from each other.
Our Approach To Eye Floaters Treatment
At Prakash Nethralaya, we focus on providing a permanent, reliable, and all-natural treatment for all pathologies and diseases. If you are looking for one such cure for eye floaters then we are here at your service. Our eye floaters treatment includes medication, Panchkarma therapies, diet, and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic approach that resolves the problem for good and offers a natural way out of it. Whether you are experiencing simple eye floaters or floaters due to ocular diseases, our doctors will eradicate this problem and its underlying cause through natural means. For more details or any other questions, feel free to get in touch with us anytime.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.