Keratoconus is one of a rare disease of eye affecting the cornea. This is a genetic disease and progresses with time. Cornea attains a conical shape causing the central part to become pointed and hence the normal refraction of light is disturbed. So the vision gets blur. It is mostly diagnosed in young people in their puberty or late teens. Major visual impairment is observed as the cornea becomes thin.
Symptoms of Keratoconus
- Blurred vision.
- Frequent change in power of the glasses.
- Seeing multiple images.
- Irritation of eyes.
- Photophobia and headache.
Do’s and Don’ts in Keratoconus
- Avoid bright light.
- Do not rub the eyes frequently.
Home remedies for Keratoconus
- Putting 3 drops of sesame oil in both nostrils daily morning relieves strain.
- Putting 2 drops of ghee in the eyes at night gives nourishment and lubrication to the eyes.
Ayurvedic treatment of keratoconus
According to Ayurveda, the symptoms of keratoconus can be minimized with nethradhara, nasya, tharpana, Virechana and shirodhara. 20 days hospitalization under the supervision of an expert Ayurvedic eye specialist is very important. Life style modification from unhealthy to healthy supports the line of treatment for keratoconus. The disease can not only be arrested but there are chances of improvement also.