Optic Nerve Atrophy
Optic atrophy is the other name for optic neuropathy. Optic neuropathy is a disease that arises due to loss of fibers from the optic nerve. Optic nerve functions as a bridge between eye and brain. It carries information from eye to the visual cortex of brain and brain responds. This is how we see the things. If the bridge gets any problem, then the information which was carried to the brain gets affected and hence the vision. This is a serious disease if not treated timely.
Causes of optic Neuropathy
- Brain tumor.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Intake of toxic material.
Do’s and Don’ts in Optic Neuropathy
- Take diet rich in vitamin B12 and vitamin E.
- Contact immediately with your doctor if symptoms increases.
Home remedies for Optic Atrophy
- Amla murabba is good to use daily for longer duration.
- Make juice of carrot, bottle guard, beet root and Amla. Consume it daily in appropriate quantity.
- 10 almonds, 10 munakka and 5 anjeer soaked in water are to be taken daily.
Ayurvedic treatment of optic neuropathy
Snehapanam, abhyanga, swedana, shirodhara, Virechana, tharpana and nasya are done to recover the vision. The treatment is required in an aggressive mode because once there is damage; it becomes difficult to recover the vision. Hence treatment at the earliest is required for the best results in optic neuropathy or optic atrophy.