Everything You Need To Know About Uveitis
- Uveitis is a recurrent eye inflammation that occurs in the middle layer of the eyeball called the uvea. Uvea includes the ciliary body, iris, and choroid.
- There can be several reasons for this inflammation. Some of them are eye injuries, eye infections like herpes and ocular tuberculosis, eye tumors, and most importantly the autoimmune diseases.
- The common symptoms include pain, redness and burning sensation in eyes, increased sensitivity to light, seeing floaters & flashes, and progressive blurriness in vision. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with Ayurvedic Uveitis Treatment.
- Anterior uveitis, Intermediate uveitis, and Posterior uveitis (Choroiditis) are its 3 types based on the layer of uvea affected. Panuveitis is a condition when all three layers of uvea are inflamed.
- Stress is the major root cause by which the psychology of the immune cells gets disturbed and they attack their own body tissues.
- Imbalanced lifestyle, materialistic targets of life, unsatisfied life goals, wrong eating habits, and erratic sleep patterns work together to increase the confusion and irritation of the immune cells.
- The conventional modern steroids and immunosuppressants seem to suppress the symptoms rather than curing the disease and have a lot of side effects on the body.
- Pitta and Kapha are the major two doshas that are vitiated at the eye level with systemic involvements.
- Ayurveda treatment for Uveitis focuses on a 360-degree approach starting from detoxifying the body by Panchakarma therapies to diet modifications and reducing the eye inflammation naturally without steroids.
- Ayurveda therapies like Vaman, Virechan, Netradhara, Kizhiswedan, and Tharpan are done for detoxification.
- Recurrence of inflammation can be prevented successfully in the majority of patients provided a disciplined lifestyle and diet is followed along with Ayurveda medicines.
- The duration of recovery may range from 6 months to a year time or sometimes, even more, depending on the patient’s condition.
- The use of curd, citrus, and sour foods, fried and heavily digested food, sweets will create resistance in healing and hence should be discouraged.
- The use of easily digested foodstuffs will enhance the healing process and should be encouraged.
- Do not put materialistic targets in life and enjoy the “Go with the flow” nature of life. Do not stick emotionally to situations with negative energy.
- Do morning walk, exercise. Yoga is a very powerful tool to calm down the confused and angry immune cells.
Symptoms of Uveitis
Pain and Redness
Floaters and Flashes
Our Approach To Uveitis Ayurvedic Treatment
We at Prakash Nethralaya, take a holistic approach for the treatment of uveitis. The patient consults with the doctor either in the clinic or by online video consultation. Previous reports are also reviewed thoroughly. The doctor tries to find the errors in the lifestyle, diet, mental state, psychological thought process, and digestion. Then a plan for the treatment is finalized. In the initial stage, medicines alone are sufficient enough to take care of the disease but in most cases, panchakarma therapies are required for the permanent cure of uveitis. After assessing the digestive fire, snehpana, virechan, thakradhara, netradhara, kizhiswedan, and tharpana are done with specified medicines.
The treatment may continue for about 6 months to a year. Yoga is advised after consultation with our yoga doctors.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of treatment looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. There are two ways of treatment; Shodhan, and Shaman. Shodhan is a complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Medicines always work better in a patient who has been detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed in the most natural way and not in the synthetic and chemical form. This is for this reason that the medicines are soft on the body and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take the medicines for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Rather, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Success Stories of Ayurveda
Thousands have experienced relief after treatment at Prakash Nethralaya
Get long-term relief from your problems.