Everything You Need To Know About Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints of the whole spine. The vertebrae of the spine start fusing which reduces the flexibility of the back and can result in a forward/bend posture. This is called ankylosis and can be seen on x-rays.
- The patient experiences fatigue, stiffness, and pain especially in the early morning which eases through the day or with exercise. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with Ayurvedic Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment.
- Disturbing lifestyle, wrong eating habits, stressed routine, and some genetic factors are major causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- It starts in an age group between teens and thirties and is seen more in males than females.
- Early diagnosis and treatment can control the condition and prevent complications of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- It is diagnosed by some physical bending tests, X-rays, and blood investigations for markers of inflammation including the HLA B-27 test.
- According to Ayurveda, Vitiated Vata and Pitta when mixes with Aam, then it leads to this inflammatory disease i.e. Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Multi-organ inflammations like Uveitis, Ulcerative colitis are also seen in association with Ankylosing Spondylitis in many of the cases.
- Panchakarma treatments by Virechana and Vasti along with Kativasti, Kizhi, and Dhara are almost mandatory for Ayurvedic treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis along with Ayurveda medicines, Lifestyle correction, and diet recommendations. Yoga practices will certainly help to maintain the tone of the muscles.
- Use of Warm water, garlic, dried ginger (Saunth), cumin seeds(Jeera), carom seeds (Ajwain), and Heeng will help to reduce the symptoms and should be encouraged.
- Use of Curd, Fried food, Tobacco, Alcohol, Refrigerated foods, Sweets and Processed food items will increase the symptoms and should be discouraged.
Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Morning stiffness and pain in the back muscles is the main symptom of Ankylosing Spondylitis. The pain radiates to hips, thighs, and in the hands.
Difficulty in bending due to fusion of the spine and muscle stiffness is another cardinal symptom that affects the day to day activities of the patient.
The patient complains of progressively increasing fatigue and reduced physical stamina due to pain and disturbed sleep in the night.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of treatment looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. There are two ways of treatment; Shodhan, and Shaman. Shodhan is a complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Medicines always work better in a patient who has been detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed in the most natural way and not in the synthetic and chemical form. This is for this reason that the medicines are soft on the body and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take the medicines for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Rather, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Our Approach To Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
Early Stage Treatment
Ayurveda medicines, correction of the lifestyle, diet recommendations, and yoga practices altogether can lead to a symptom-free stage in early cases of ankylosing spondylitis. Although the duration of the treatment is long even in the early stage.
Advanced Stage Treatment
For effective ankylosing spondylitis treatment, Repetitive Panchakarma therapies are mandatory along with the Ayurveda medicines, and other stuff for a chronic and advanced condition as it requires higher energy of the ayurvedic treatment to balance the aggravated doshas.
Frquently Asked Questions on Ankylosing Spondylitis
Yes, Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) can be cured with Ayurvedic Treatment. The treatment involves various Ayurvedic Therapies and Ayurvedic Medicines to provide pain relief. Ayurveda also prevents further fusion of the spine and reduces stiffness in the spine with Oleation.
The best treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis is Ayurvedic Treatment. As Ayurveda treats the root cause of the disease, similarly, Ayurvedic Treatment treats the imbalance in Vata Dosha, which is the main reason for inflammation in the spine. Ayurvedic Therapies like Kati Vasti, Sarvangdhara, etc. and natural medicines collectively relieves inflammation, pain and stiffness.
Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) is an inflammatory disease in which some vertebrates of the spine fuses into one another. Modern Medical System has no treatment available for Ankylosing Spondylitis. But, Ayurveda can cure it with its holistic approach. Various Panchakarma Therapies and Ayurvedic Medicines provides relief in pain and prevents further inflammation.
There are a lot of ayurvedic medicines which helps cure Ankylosing Spondylitis along with Ayurvedic Treatment. Natural herbs like ginger, guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha, giloy, etc. are considered to be the best ayurvedic medicines for Ankylosing Spondylitis as they balance aggravated Vata in the body.
The inflammation and fusion in the vertebrates of the spine causes severe pain in the back and especially lower back pain. Ayurvedic Treatment and Medicines reduces ankylosing spondylitis pain naturally. One can live a pain-free life with natural treatment for ankylosing spondylitis in ayurveda.