Get Complete Relief in Lower Back Pain with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Therapies
Consult for your disease now
Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda is based on knowing the root cause of the disease in the context of ayurveda. Ankylosing spondylitis is caused due to aggravated vata causing an imbalance in vata dosha. This imbalance causes a type of arthritis of the spine and may even lead to disability for the long term. In this disorder the disc between the vertebrae gets swollen up that ends up in the limitation of movement.
Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda involves detoxification and elimination of toxins and the regulation of the right diet, lifestyle and herbal preparations. Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda also involves various panchakarma techniques such as kati vasti, sarvangadhara and svedana is beneficial in this disorder.
- Kativasti - It is a one of the best Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda as is helps in relieving the pain. The waist area of the body is called Kati. Holding warm ayurvedic oils on the affected areas is called Vasti. Kati Vasti involves retention of warm thick medicated oil over the lower back or other parts of the spine for certain period.
- Sarvangadhara - It is also the beneficial Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurved. It is the process of pouring medicated oil over the whole body while massaging it. This treatment is normally used for refreshing and relaxation of both body and head.
- Nhavarakkizhi- This Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda involves the massage with Bolus of rice boiled in medicated milk.
- Herbs like dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy are also effective as ankylosing spondylitis treatment in ayurveda.
Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints in your spine. Spondylitis simply means inflammation of the spine. It can cause some of the vertebrae of the spine to fuse. This fusing reduces the flexibility of your back and can result in a forward/bend posture. This is called ankylosis and can be seen on x-rays. Early diagnosis and treatment can control the condition and prevent these and other problems.
Ankylosing spondylitis typically starts in the joints between your spine and pelvis, but it may spread up your spine to your neck. Ankylosing spondylitis affects men more often than women.
For best ankylosing spondylitis treatment in india, you should get proper diagnosis of the disease, and visit your doctor, so that he will perform various tests, such as:
- Physical tests - During the physical exam, your doctor might ask you to bend in different directions to test the range of motion in your spine.
- Imaging tests - X-rays allow your doctor to check for changes in your joints and bones, though the visible signs of ankylosing spondylitis might not be evident early in the disease. Lab tests - There are no specific lab tests to diagnose ankylosing spondylitis. Certain blood tests can check for markers of inflammation, but inflammation can be caused by many different health problems.
Ankylosing spondylitis has no known specific cause, but the most probable causes are as follows:
- Age - It tends to start between your teens and 30s.
- Gender - Men are two to three times more likely to get the disease than women.
- Genetics - Genetic factors seem to be involved as the people who have a gene named , HLA-B27 are at greatly increased risk of developing ankylosing spondylitis.
The symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis vary. Some symptoms are as follows:
- Stiffness and pain in the lower back in the early morning which eases through the day or with exercise.
- Pain in the joints of the base of your spine and pelvis, in the buttocks or the backs of your thighs.
- Fusion of bones - Ankylosing spondylitis can cause an overgrowth of the bones, which may lead to abnormal joining of bones, called bony fusion. This may affect your ability to perform everyday things.
- Bent posture - If Ankylosing spondylitis has gone undiagnosed and untreated, you might have a stooped posture from changes to your vertebrae.
- Changes in posture can lead to changes in your lungs that make it hard to breathe.
- Eye problems - AS is also linked to uveitis, a condition that causes inflammation in your eyes. Symptoms include pain, light sensitivity, and blurry vision.
- Inflammatory bowel disease - This inflammation can also affect your digestive system. This might cause diarrhea, belly pain and cramps, less appetite, and weight loss without trying.
- Fatigue - You could also feel tired because of lack of sleep due to pain or as a part of the disease process itself.
There are two types of AS
- Axial AS which causes lower back pain.
- Peripheral AS causes pain and swelling in joints other than your spine.
Ankylosing spondylitis cure includes following home remedies that can be beneficial:
- Chew 2-3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water to alleviate lumbar pain in ankylosing spondylitis.
- Include foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, and some oils in your daily diet.
- Daily exercise and posture practice is encouraged to help you maintain flexibility and range of motion.
- Applying heat on affected areas will help to relieve pain and stiffness.
- Make a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities.
- Add rock salt to taste, and have 1 teaspoon with water at bed time. This reduces flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness.
- Take one teaspoon of this powder with warm water twice daily.
- Proper evacuation of bowels should be ensured and constipation should be avoided.
- Include ghee in your diet.
- Cut down or eliminate foods that are rich in fat, sugar, and sodium. This includes highly processed foods.
- Take light foods and avoid excess oily foods and curds.
- Avoid sleeping irregularties.
- Yoga asanas such as Pawanamuktasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Paschimottanasana, Vakrasana are beneficial for ankylosing spondylitis pain relief.