Eczema is a common skin condition that may affect you at any age. It is a long-lasting problem that needs to be managed with proper treatment and preventive measures. Allopathic medicines are known for working well on the symptoms of eczema but they do not offer permanent relief. Ayurveda, on the other hand, offers a natural eczema treatment that works effectively on the root cause of the problem and eradicates it without any side effects. How? Keep reading the following paragraphs and most of your questions will be answered.
Symptoms of Eczema
Atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, neurodermatitis, and hand eczema are a few clinical classifications of this disease based on the disease presentation and the symptoms.
Eczema may lead to several other complications which include:
- Asthma. It has been observed that kids with atopic dermatitis or eczema develop asthma within a few years.
- Chronic Scaly, Itchy Skin: The skin condition begins with a small patch of itchy skin. As you scratch it, it gets worse and the affected skin gets leathery, thick, and discoloured.
- Skin Infections: Repeated scratching often breaks the affected skin and results in cracks and sores. It further increases the risk of viral and bacterial infections. People with sensitive skin are more prone to chronic skin infections like herpes.
Diagnosis and Eczema Treatment
Vicharchika is the term given for Eczema in Ayurvedic texts. According to Ayurveda, accumulated toxic elements in the body, especially at the skin level, are responsible for eczema. Pitta manifests in the skin and causes the accumulation of heating toxins known as ama.
The eczema ayurvedic treatment enhances the body’s digestion and pacifies Pitta by cleansing the body’s accumulated toxins. Vaman (Emesis), Virechan (Purgation), Vasti (Enema), and Rakta mokshan (Blood Letting) by leech therapy are the mainstream Panchakarma procedures that are used along with herbal medicines for eczema treatment. Usually, Ayurvedic medicines follow the Panchakarma treatment, and this is how Ayurveda cures eczema permanently.
Preventions for Eczema
Here are a few preventive measures that may help in keeping eczema away or breaking out again if the treatment is complete:
- Patients must get in the habit of moisturizing their skin at least twice a day. Try to find non-chemical moisturizers like coconut oil, mustard oil, vaseline and herbal creams. If the climate is hot then you may always use aloe vera gel to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Sometimes, eczema is triggered by some specific factors like dust, pollen, detergents, obesity, stress, sweat, etc. If that is the case with you then try to limit your exposure to any such triggers.
- Infants and small children may get eczema because of certain food items like soy, wheat, eggs or milk. Make sure to speak with a kid’s specialist and identify the potential triggers of food allergies.
- Try to stay away from harsh soaps, strong chemical-based products, and any kind of brash materials that may cause skin allergy.
- After taking a bath, make sure you dry your skin with a soft towel and apply moisturizer immediately.
- Avoid taking long baths as they take away moisture from your skin and may lead to eczema breakouts.
- Keep your comb, towel, and other personal things separate from others as eczema is sometimes contagious. You wouldn’t want other members of your family to go through the same problem.
Our Approach To Eczema Treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question Check these answers
Skin is the part we does not take care of and there accumulates toxins in the form of inflammation, acne, blemishes, bacteria, etc. When any skin problem persists, Ayurveda is considered very effective as it eliminates these problems naturally by detoxifying and cleaning the body from inside out. Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin Problems restores clear and toxin-free skin.
Eczema can be cured completely with Ayurveda in terms of its symptoms and root cause. Ayurvedic Treatment for Eczema includes various Ayurvedic Medicines and Panchakarma Therapies to relieve the symptoms and hence treat the root cause of the disease which is aggravated Pitta Dosha in the body. Ayurvedic Eczema Treatment relieves itchiness, remove red patches and lubricate the dry skin with its holistic approach.
Yes, Ayurveda can cure Eczema naturally with various Panchakarma Therapies and Ayurvedic Medicines. Eczema basically occurs due to increased heat in the body which is increased Pitta Dosha in terms of Ayurveda. Ayurveda balances the Pitta Dosha and cures the symptoms of eczema like itchiness, red patches, dry skin.
Along with eczema treatment, there are some lifestyle changes which prevents eczema from spreading. One with eczema need to avoid spicy or oily food, wear loose clothes, avoid harsh soaps for bathing, stay hydrated, avoid tea and coffee, avoid scratching. Following some simple guidelines can stop eczema from spreading.
According to Ayurveda, Eczema is correlated to Vicharchika which is a type of Kshudrakushtha. Eczema Treatment in Ayurveda starts with finding its root cause which mostly comes to aggravated Pitta dosha. Various ayurvedic medicines and panchakarma therapies like Vamana, Virechana, Vasti, etc. collectively balances pitta for the treatment of eczema. Ayurvedic Eczema Treatment relieves itching and reduces red patches on the skin.
Diet & Lifestyle Changes for Eczema
Fast food, spicy food, staple food, processed food, tobacco, and alcohol increase the symptoms, and the patient should avoid them. Easily digestible and fresh light food, plenty of water, healthy digestion, and yoga certainly help heal and improve the condition.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.