Erectile Dysfunction Treatment in Ayurveda
Increase Sexual Function and Treat Erectile Dysfunction with Ayurvedic Medicines and Panchakarma
According to ayurveda the diseases related to sexual potency are categorized under Vajikarna. Vaji means horse, the symbol of sexual potency and performance thus Vajikaran means producing a horse's vigor, particularly the animal's great capacity for sexual activity in the individual. In the Ayurveda, there may be disturbed balances in the three Doshas – Vata, the Pitta, which is responsible for digestion and metabolism, and Kapha, controlling the fluids. Therefore the Ayurveda doctor has to diagnose and determine what energy disturbances have occurred in the balance of the three Doshas. Then he will come up with an effective ed treatment in Ayurveda that will also include a diet to balance the deviations of the Doshas.
For the effective erectile dysfunction treatment in Ayurveda, the various causes are to be identified. according to allopathy The erectile dysfunction treatment in India is done through various chemical drugs, but erectile dysfunction treatment in Ayurveda can treat the disease, more effectively by the help of herbal methods such as:
Ayurveda has numerous herbs and herbal combinations to treat erectile dysfunction, increase sexual function, improve fertility.
- The Ashwagandha herb is popular in India with the name “stallion strength” – with it the quality of sperm improves, in addition to increasing potency, it also boosts immunity. It affects both physical and mental health.
- Another suitable herb for erectile dysfunction treatment in Ayurveda is Shatavari. It stabilizes reproduction in both men and women, improves blood circulation, calms the nervous system, improves digestion.
- Another Ayurvedic treatment against impotence is the extract from the plant Safed Musli. It is in powder or in capsules and activates an erectile function, increases the number and mobility of sperm.
- Shilajit is another powerful permanent ayurvedic cure for erectile dysfunction.
- Asparagus racemosus is a particular species of herb that grows in regions of India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. It’s known as Shatavari. It’s meant to improve sexual function and health.
- Safed Musli, or Chlorophytum borivilianum, is also a vajikarana herb. It has shown an aphrodisiac effect in multiple lab studies trusted Source, and some researchTrusted Source suggests that it boosts sperm count. The recommended daily dose of Safed Musli is 2 grams per day. It can be purchased in capsule or pure powder form.
Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to get and keep an erection stable enough for sex.
Most erectile dysfunction is related to vascular, neurologic, psychologic, and hormonal disorders. Drug use can also be a cause. Evaluation typically includes screening for underlying disorders and measuring testosterone levels. The causes are usually medical but can also be psychological.
The prevalence of partial or complete ED is 50% in men aged 40 to 70, and prevalence increases with aging.
If you're concerned about erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor — even if you're embarrassed. Sometimes, treating an underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medications or other direct treatments might be needed.
Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction
The various tests are listed below to detect erectile dysfunction:
- Physical Exam - This might include careful examination of your penis and testicles and checking your nerves for sensation.
- Blood Tests - A sample of your blood might be sent to a lab to check for signs of heart disease, diabetes, low testosterone levels, and other health conditions.
- Urine Tests (Urinalysis) - Like blood tests, urine tests are used to look for signs of diabetes and other underlying health conditions.
- Ultrasound - This test is usually performed by a specialist in an office. It involves using a wandlike device (transducer) held over the blood vessels that supply the penis. It creates a video image to let your doctor see if you have blood flow problems. This test is sometimes done in combination with an injection of medications into the penis to stimulate blood flow and produce an erection.
- Psychological Exam - Your doctor might ask questions to screen for depression and other possible psychological causes of erectile dysfunction.
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be physical or psychological. Physical causes account for 90 percent of ED cases, with psychological causes much less common.
Various physical causes are listed below:
- Vascular Causes - Atherosclerosis causes a narrowing or clogging of arteries in the penis, preventing the necessary blood flow to the penis to produce an erection. Atherosclerosis in arteries the penis, often caused by smoking and diabetes. This can often lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Neurologic Causes - These causes include stroke, seizures, multiple sclerosis, peripheral and autonomic neuropathies, and spinal cord injuries. They can often lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels.
- Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction. For example, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response can cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. This leads to erectile dysfunction.
- In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Physical causes might include diabetes, heart disease or another known health condition.
- Various drugs that act on the central nervous system can also be the cause of erectile dysfunction such as some sleeping pills and amphetamines, anxiety treatments, antidepressants, including monoamine oxidase inhibitors, etc.
- The primary Erectile dysfunction has always a psychological cause. Such psychological factors can include guilt, fear of intimacy, depression, severe anxiety.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include the following signs and symptoms:
- Difficulty in getting an erection.
- Trouble keeping an erection.
- Reduced sexual desire.
- Experiencing sexual problems such as premature or delayed ejaculation.
There are 2 types of erectile dysfunction (ED):
- Primary ED - The man has never been able to attain or sustain an erection. Primary ED is rare and is almost always due to psychologic factors or clinically obvious anatomic abnormalities.
- Secondary ED - This type is more common, and > 90% of cases have an organic etiology. Secondary ED acquired later in life by a man who previously was able to attain erections. Many men with secondary ED develop reactive psychologic difficulties that compound the problem.
The natural treatment for erectile dysfunction can be done by the help of some home remedies such as the following:
- The ayurvedic diet may be aimed at balancing different Doshas.
- A dozen cleaned almonds should be soaked in water and left for the night to soak and swell. In the morning, almonds, which have to be softer to touch, should be removed and rinsed well under running water. Then paste them with a blender with a glass of warm milk and add a spoon of ghee. Add a spoonful of sugar (unrefined) and a pinch of nutmeg and saffron. It is drunk daily.
- Another recipe is freshly made apple puree with a pinch of nutmeg and saffron sweetened with honey.
Various preventive measures and lifestyle changes are needed for the erectile dysfunction treatment naturally, such as:
- Quit smoking.
- Limit or stop drinking alcohol.
- Increase physical activity and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Stop illegal drug use.
- You can seek help from a health professional if you have trouble making these changes on your own.
- Exercise daily.
- Take a simple, chemical-free diet, as many chemicals used for growing and manufacturing food articles can affect nervous functioning and sexual arousal.
- Prevent indigestion, constipation. So patients should avoid foods that trigger gas formation like potato, beans, peas, brinjal, etc and prefer fruit vegetables, spices like dry ginger and drinks like lemon water which release gases easily.
- Excessive salt, acids, tobacco & alcohol too should be avoided.
- Consuming pure ghee and dry fruits like almond & cashew regularly boost sexual vigor and prevent erectile dysfunction.
- Performing Surya Namaskar regularly improves the tone of the muscles required for erection.