Ayurvedic Hair Loss Treatment in India
Prevent Premature Greying and Hair Loss Naturally with Ayurvedic Treatment and Panchakarma Therapies
Consult for your disease now
The hair loss treatment in ayurveda is done by knowing the causative factor for the disorder.
According to Ayurveda, excess of Pitta dosha in the body is increased by hot climatic conditions, excessive intake of spicy, fried food, tea, coffee, alcohol, meats, and excessive smoking. Pitta balancing herbs and vegetables are effective in treating hair fall. The best hair fall treatment in Ayurveda has no side effects.
The first step is to locate the root cause in your diet or lifestyle that may be increasing the Pitta dosha. In Ayurveda this disorder is called Khalitya Paalitya. It is believed in the science of Ayurveda that the tissues accountable for structuring the bones in the Human body are the same that hold the charge of hair growth.
Ayurveda offers some natural treatment of hair loss, as well as some oral herbal medication for controlling the hair fall and promoting hair growth. The hair loss treatment in Ayurveda includes external therapies like Thalapothichil or covering of head with medicated pastes, Shiroabhyanga or head massage, Shirodhara and Shiro abhyanga. These tips on how to control Hair fall are elaborated below:
Ayurvedic herbs like Bhringaraj, Amla are known to promote hair growth and can be used for oral consumption in combination with local massages to get the optimum results.
- Shiro Abhyangam: Shiro Abhyangam is a special massage that focuses on the scalp, shoulders, and neck, and stimulates hair growth by improving blood circulation. The Abhyangam or the Ayurvedic massage involves the use of medicated oils to relieve the targeted areas of stress and pain by acting on the central nervous system. Shiro Abhyanga is one of the best hair loss treatment in ayurveda.
- Thalapothichil: Thalapothichil is a gentle head massage included in the hair loss treatment in ayurveda which is done with Amla, Curd and Triphala paste application. The constituents of this paste contain healing properties that have a calming effect on the nervous system. The mixture is allowed to sit on the hair for 30 to 40 minutes so the medicinal herbs get absorbed in the hair and penetrate into the brain cells.
- Shirodhara: ‘Shiro’ refers to head and ‘dhara’ to flow. The warms oils are poured on your head and your head is massaged. This increases circulation and leads to better hair growth. This is one of the most effective hair loss treatment in ayurveda.
- Takradhara- It includes a stream of medicated buttermilk poured on the forehead. The continuous flow of buttermilk on the forehead improves blood circulation and alleviates Stress by inducing sleep. Takradhara involves extensive sessions of patient and disease examination, diagnosis, counseling and post-treatment procedures. Takradhara, when incorporated with Abhyangam (massage), is known to strengthen the immune system.
- Kashayadhara- Kashayadhara involves the use of medicated decoction to be poured on the forehead and body. It creates an overall mental calmness and proves to be the best hair fall treatment in ayurveda.
- Nasyam- Nasyam on a regular basis also promotes hair growth if practiced for a long time. It is a nasal treatment where exact measures of herbal extracts are administered into the nostrils that serve as a passage to the head.
Hair loss, or also known as alopecia, is a major concern these days for every age group.
It can affect just your scalp or your entire body. It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications. Up to a certain level of replacing old strand of hairs by new ones, hair fall is considered genuine. But in case of excessive hair fall extra care should be taken.
Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their hair loss run its course untreated and unhidden. Others may cover it up with hairstyles, makeup, hats or scarves. And still others choose one of the treatments available to prevent further hair loss and to restore growth.
Diagnosis of Hair Loss
For the best hair loss treatment in India, the doctor must have to diagnose or classify the hair loss, before starting the treatment.
There are numerous ways to categorize hair loss.
- One must first examine the scalp to determine if the hair loss is due to the physical destruction and loss of hair follicles.
- If the scalp appears perfectly normal with plenty of empty hair follicles, this is called non-scarring hair loss.
- Biopsy - Biopsy can be done sometimes in cases where it is difficult to differentiate between the types of alopecia.
- Cicatricial Alopecia permanently destroys the follicles. Sometimes, a physician may pull a hair to examine the appearance of the hair shaft as well as the percentage of growing hairs (anagen phase).
There may be several reasons for premature graying of hair and hair fall. To remove all the major causes of this, a hair loss effective treatment is needed so that the doctor might be able to look after your causes and treat it. Such causes are as follows:
- Heredity - The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition called male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually with aging and in predictable patterns.
- Hormonal Changes and Medical Conditions - Various conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems.
- Supplements - Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Radiation Therapy - The hair may not grow back the same as it was before, due to the use of radiation therapy.
- Stress - Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
Hair loss can appear in many different ways. There are various symptoms of hair loss such as:
- Gradual Thinning on Top of Head - This is the most common, affecting both men and women as they age.
- Circular or Patchy Bald Spots - Some people experience smooth, coin-sized bald spots. This type of hair loss usually affects just the scalp, but it sometimes also occurs in beards or eyebrows.
- Sudden Loosening of Hair - A physical or emotional shock can cause hair to loosen. Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing your hair or even after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss usually causes overall hair thinning and not bald patches.
- Full-Body Hair Loss - Some medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of hair all over your body. The hair usually grows back.
Hair loss treatment at home can be accompanied by following the below-listed natural home remedies:
- Use a natural shampoo to clean the hair. Amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) are very good for washing the hair.
- Oiling and massaging of scalp are very beneficial for stopping the hair loss.
- Rub your scalp after washing the hair. It increases the blood circulation, and activates the sebaceous glands.
- Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked green gram and fenugreek (methi) two to three times a week is also good.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches.
- The seeds of fenugreek are soaked in coconut oil and kept under direct sunrays for seven days and applied to the scalp, which prevents hair loss.
- Massage 2-3 times in a week with coconut oil. It is good to massage with the hot coconut oil and Mix Indian gooseberry in it and heat it until the color of gooseberry turn to dark brown.
- Aloe vera - Take fresh gel and apply it over the scalp, leave it for a few minutes and, then, wash it off. It is a cooling and soothing scalp cleanser, good for a heated-up scalp, associated with redness, itching, rashes or scalp pimples.
- Traditional therapies like Dhara, Abhyangam, Thala pothichil, Nasya shows excellent effects.
The hair loss can be reversed back at home without any medications also. For natural treatment of hair loss, you have to undergo various lifestyle changes and some preventive measures such as:
- Diet - High protein and an iron-rich diet is recommended for hair loss.
- An adequate intake of raw vegetables, fresh fruits, salads, green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet on a regular basis.
- The person should maintain a regular bowel movement every day. In case of constipation, a mild natural laxative can be taken. Triphala is very useful.
- Regular physical exercise is very beneficial as it helps in balancing the aggravated doshas.