Jaundice Treatment in Ayurveda
Reduce the level of Billirubin and get relief from symptoms in Jaundice with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma
Consult for your disease now
Jaundice treatment in ayurveda is the best treatment known these days. Jaundice can be rooted out deeply or from the core with the jaundice treatment in ayurveda. This jaundice treatment in ayurveda removes all the doshas from body and maintains the perfect level of pitta in body that helps you to fight with Jaundice.
In Ayurveda, during the initial stages of jaundice, usually mild purgatives are given. This is to stimulate the function of the liver and to increase the flow of bile in the bile duct. Trivrit, Kutaki and Triphala are used for the purpose.
- Daily take one to two teaspoonfuls with hot water. If you prefer to use triphalachoorna, you can take one teaspoonful of the same with warm water, twice daily. Two compound preparations, that are commonly used to treat jaundice, are Avipattikarachoorna and Aarogyavardhinivati. However, take them after consulting a physician.
- Bhoomyaamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri), a small herb with numerous leaves, is commonly used in the treatment of all types of jaundice. One teaspoonful of the juice of the plant or fresh root in the form of paste can be taken thrice daily mixed with honey.
- Punarnavamandoor daily should be taken for 2 to 3 weeks. NavaayasLoha taken in the dose of 125 mg thrice daily is an effective remedy for Jaundice. Other useful medicines are Kumaaryaasava, Lohaasava and Punarnavaasava.
- Another general medicine which can be used in all kinds of jaundice is the Bhumyamalaki. This is a short herb which is very rarely available. Its juice is given mixed with honey in a teaspoonful quantity thrice a day. Vasaka, Kakamachi and Triphala are the other drugs used.
Useful Herbs for the Jaundice treatment in ayurveda
- Berberis (Berberis vulgaris)- Berberis is a very effective herb for all kinds of liver ailments, especially jaundice. So effective is the herb that it is nicknamed 'jaundice berry'. It is a bitter tonic which must be given to a jaundice patient several times a day in quarter teaspoons. The fluid extract of the fruit also has similar properties.
- Chicory (Chichoriumintybus)All parts of the chicory plant are useful in the treatment of liver ailments. The flowers, seeds and roots are the most often used. The juice of the chicory can help in the treatment of sluggishness of the liver, obstruction of the flow of bile and the enlargement of the spleen; all of which are associated with jaundice. Chicory can also promote the healthy secretion of the bile.
- Gokulakanta (Hygrophila spinosa)The root of the gokulakanta plant is potent in the treatment of liver diseases such as jaundice and hepatitis. An infusion of the root of the herb in water is prepared and is given to the patient twice or thrice each day.
- Aloevera (Aloe barbadensis)- It is an excellent remedy for liver problems such as jaundice. For effective treatment, the pulp of one of its leaves is to be taken with black salt and ginger every morning for a period of ten days. Turpeth (Operculinaturpethum)- Turpeth is the other best Ayurvedic remedy for jaundice. It is known as nisoth in Ayurveda. The powder of this herb is prescribed mixed in hot water twice a day.
Jaundice is a yellow discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes, and the white part of the eyes caused by increased amounts of bilirubin in the blood. Many people with jaundice also have dark urine and light-colored stool. These changes occur when a blockage or other problem prevents bilirubin from being eliminated in stool, causing more bilirubin to be eliminated in urine. It is related with liver. Jaundice is caused by a buildup of bilirubin, a waste material, in the blood. An inflamed liver or obstructed bile duct can lead to jaundice, as well as other underlying conditions.
- Any kind of problem in the liver may cause jaundice.
- Trouble in the proper processing of the bilirubin.
- Jaundice can also occur when there’s too much bilirubin, a yellow-orange substance, in your blood.
- Hepatitis - Most of the time, this infection is caused by a virus. It may be short-lived (acute) or chronic, which means it lasts for at least 6 months. Drugs or autoimmune disorders can cause hepatitis. Over time, it can damage the liver and lead to jaundice.
- Alcohol related liver disease - Alcohol could seriously damage your liver.
- Blocked Bile Ducts - These are thin tubes that carry a fluid called bile from the liver and gallbladder to the small intestine. Sometimes, they get blocked by gallstones, cancer, or rare liver diseases. If they do, you could get jaundice.
- Certain Medicines - Drugs like acetaminophen, penicillin, birth control pills, and steroids have been linked to liver disease.
There are various known symptoms of jaundice such as:
- An excess of bilirubin can cause the yellow tinge in the eyes and skin.
- A yellow tinge to the skin and the whites of the eyes, normally starting at the head and spreading down the body.
- Pale stools.
- Dark urine.
- Itchiness in the body.
- Abdominal pain.
- Weight loss.
- Vomiting, fever.
There are mainly 3 types of jaundice:
- Hepatocellular Jaundice: It occurs as a result of liver disease or injury. This occurs as a result of hemolysis, or an accelerated breakdown of red blood cells, leading to an increase in production of bilirubin.
- Obstructive Jaundice: It occurs as a result of an obstruction in the bile duct. This prevents bilirubin from leaving the liver.
- Pre-Hepatic Jaundice – In this type, Jaundice is caused by rapid increase in the breakdown and destruction of the red blood cells (hemolysis), overwhelming the liver's ability to adequately remove the increased levels of bilirubin from the blood.
The jaundice treatment natural can be done easily at home by following few home remedies daily:
- Juices of bitter vegetables like the bitter gourd are very effective in treating jaundice. Mash the vegetable and extract their juices by pressing with a cloth. One glassful of juice per day is recommended.
- Prepare a cupful of juice of beetroot and lemon in equal proportions. Having this juice for a few days will definitely cure jaundice.
- Extract juice of amalaki (Indian gooseberry). Have this juice thrice in a day in a teaspoonful quantity.
Jaundice treatment natural can be done by taking certain preventive measures and lifestyle changes, the risk of developing jaundice can be minimised. These include:
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Maintaining a healthy weight for height and build.
- Vaccination against hepatitis A and hepatitis B.
- Avoid injecting illegal drugs.
- Avoid contaminated food/water and maintain good hygiene.
- Avoid medications and toxins which can cause heamolysis or directly damage the liver.
- Maintain personal hygiene and public hygiene.
- Wash your hands before eating and after going to toilet.
- Purify your drinking water by filtration, adequate boiling, and chlorination.
- Avoid raw milk and shell fish such as oysters especially from unreliable sources.