Everything You Need To Know About Migraine/Headache and it's Treatment
- Migraine is a powerful and prolonged type of headache which is seen more in females than in males. A migraine headache can last from 4 hours to 3 days, and sometimes longer.
- Migraine often comes along with symptoms such as acute headache, nausea or vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Mood changes, irritability, physical and mental weakness, depression, and temporary vision loss or seeing visual halos are also seen in a few patients. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with Ayurvedic Migraine Treatment naturally.
- According to modern science, the exact causes of migraines are not clear. A few stimulating factors include hormonal changes, alcohol and tobacco consumption, indigestion, mental stress, bright lights, certain foods like chocolates, cold drinks, strong smells, changes in sleeping patterns, and changes in the environment.
- 11 different types of Shiroroga (headaches) have been described in Ayurveda based on the symptomatic presentation. All 3 dosha factors Vata, Pitta, and Kapha can be responsible for headache.
- Almost all types of headaches can be cured completely by adopting Ayurveda treatments.
- Disease and patient examinations are done by an Ayurveda expert to know the Dosha and Dhatu imbalance.
- The majority of patients of Migraine can be cured by taking Ayurveda medicines, diet correction, and lifestyle modifications.
- A few cases may require the use of Panchakarma therapies like Vaman, Virechan, Nasya, Shirodhara, or Shirovasty.
- Taking meals on time, avoiding unpleasant odors, following the daily and seasonal discipline, and avoiding the Adharneeya Vegas can prevent the occurrence of headaches.
Signs and Symptoms of Migraine
Continuous headache which lasts for 4 hrs to a few days sometimes.
The patient experiences nausea or vomiting sensations with headaches.
Sound & Light Sensitivity
Seeing colored halos or intermittent vision loss with the inability to bear the loud sounds.
Frequent mood changes and depressive thoughts with irritability are seen in patients.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of treatment looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. There are two ways of treatment; Shodhan, and Shaman. Shodhan is a complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Medicines always work better in a patient who has been detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed in the most natural way and not in the synthetic and chemical form. This is for this reason that the medicines are soft on the body and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take the medicines for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Rather, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Our Approach To Migraine Treatment
It is very important for an Ayurvedic specialist to understand the root cause of the disease and to design the treatment. While looking for the Ayurvedic treatment of Migraine, the same principle is kept in mind.
The root cause of the imbalanced doshas and dhatus are understood and Ayurveda medicines are prescribed along with diet and lifestyle changes. A few patients may require the use of panchakarma therapies like Vaman, Virechan, Nasya, and some other therapies also depending on the condition and severity. One thing is very sure that by adopting this Ayurvedic treatment, Migraine can be cured completely and permanently.
We at Prakash Nethralaya, have developed a system by which patients of Migraine can find a permanent cure while sitting at home. The patient can have an online consultation with Dr. Dinesh Sharma through a video call and medicines can be shipped at your doorstep.
Frquently Asked Questions on Migraine/Headache
Migraine happens due to chemical changes in the brain. According to Ayurveda, there is a disturbance in the balance of 3 basic physiological factors named Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This imbalance if lies within the brain can lead to different patterns of headaches. Chemical Changes in the brain itself has many reasons. It can be due to hormonal changes, mental stress, sleep disturbances, weather changes, irregular food habits, addictions, etc.
Yes, Migraine can be cured permanently by treating the underlying reasons. Permanent Cure for migraine needs positive lifestyle changes along with ayurvedic medicines, A few cases may require body detoxification by panchakarma therapies also. This will balance chemicals in the brain and hence one can live without headaches.
Yes, Migraine is curable in Ayurveda. It requires patience and discipline in following ayurvedic lifestyle and treatment. Ayurvedic treatment, medicines, and positive lifestyle changes can cure Migraine and relieve severe headaches.
Ayurvedic Treatment for migraines includes Ayurvedic medicines, Ayurvedic Diet, and Panchakarma therapies like Nasya, Vaman, Virechana, Shirodhara, or Shirobasti. Lifestyle correction includes meals on time, proper sleep, avoiding certain foodstuff, doing yoga, and exercises.
Taking meals on time, ensuring good digestion, avoiding stress, positive thought processes, doing regular yoga, avoiding fast food, and good sleep can avoid episodes of migraine. Then get detoxified with Panchakarma Treatment, consult with an Ayurveda doctor, and take ayurvedic herbs, medicines as advised.