Everything You Need to Know About Myasthenia Gravis & it's Treatment
- Myasthenia gravis is a neuromuscular disorder that weakens the skeletal muscles (the muscles your body uses for movement). Myasthenia Gravis, a Latin and Greek word in origin, which means grave and severe muscle weakness.
- It is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the immune system attacks the body's cells. Damage to the muscle receptor sites, production of antibodies, and abnormal functioning of the thymus gland are known causes of Myasthenia Gravis.
- This disease is more common in women younger than 40 and men older than 60 but can affect people of any age.
- Ocular and Generalised Myasthenia Gravis are the two clinical forms of this disease. The classification is based on the presentation of the symptoms.
- Drooping of the eyelids, seeing double vision, impaired speech, difficulty swallowing and chewing, altered facial expressions, forced respiration, and weakness of the neck, arms, and legs are the leading Myasthenia Gravis symptoms.
- Ayurveda explains Myasthenia Gravis as the vitiation of Vata and Kapha dosha at the site of muscles. The specific dosha vitiation leads to several complications.
- Ayurvedic treatment for Myasthenia Gravis provides adequate relief in all the symptoms, improves daily lifestyle quality, and improves muscle growth and health.
- An Ayurveda doctor suggests Panchakarma therapies such as Abhyanga, Nasya, Kizi Swedan, Shalishashtik Swedan, and Vasti. These therapies help improve nerve-muscle coordination by removing toxins from the body.
- Fast food, junk food, refrigerated foodstuffs, mental stress, and non-compatible foods will generate toxins in the body, and the patient should avoid them.
Symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis
Difficulty in Chewing & Swallowing
Body Tiredness and Pain
Our Approach To Myasthenia Gravis Treatment
At Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, An Ayurveda doctor looks for a comprehensive examination of the patient. The doctor looks for the neurological assessment, muscle tone, diet, lifestyle, and mental stress levels. After a detailed evaluation, the doctor prescribes the Panchakarma therapies, diet, lifestyle changes, and Ayurvedic medicines. The majority of patients respond well to the Ayurvedic treatment for Myasthenia Gravis. The patient requires continuing the treatment for longer durations. A patient with Myasthenia Gravis can connect with our Ayurveda expert over an online video consultation.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.