Ayurvedic Myasthenia Gravis Treatment in India
Relieve Symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis and Cure Weakness with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma Therapies
Ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis starts with the management of your muscle weakness and finds out the root cause of the disorder. An expert Ayurveda doctor will do an assessment and then determine the cause. According to Ayurveda, this disorder is due to vitiation of vata dosha and kapha dosha. Prakash Nethralaya and Panchkarma Kendra provide the complete myasthenia gravis treatment in Ayurveda. The myasthenia gravis disorder is completely curable in most of the cases.
Ayurvedic Myasthenia Gravis treatment in India includes some classical Ayurvedic medicines such as ksheerbala oil, Indukant ghritam, Ekangveer ras, etc. myasthenia gravis treatment in ayurveda includes an approach to managing muscle weakness which aims at improving the quality of your daily lifestyle and in enabling the growth and health of muscles. The common goal of most of these ayurvedic treatments for myasthenia gravis is to eliminate toxins that accumulate in the body, regain the balance of the three doshas, and nourish the muscle tissues to grow and overcome the source of the weakness. They also reduce pain by minimizing muscular stress. The symptoms of Myasthenia gravis can be controlled through certain ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis. The aim of ayurvedic treatment is to rejuvenate the body as a whole while treating the disease specifically. Ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis includes some panchakarma therapies such as:
- Abhyangam - This therapy helps in strengthening the muscles by improving circulation with the help of massage. In addition, the massage movements also stimulate the target muscles.
- Nasya - In this therapy the herbal medications are administered via the nasal passages that affect the mind and it serves as the best myasthenia gravis treatment in ayurveda.
- Rakta Mokshana - It is known as bloodletting. Leeches are used for treatment in India. Leeches draw vitiated blood, therefore, it helps to create new blood flow. It is observed that the symptoms of myasthenia gravis are often reduced with this therapy and is considered as an effective myasthenia gravis treatment in Ayurveda.
- Kizhi - This therapy such as navarakizhi includes the herbal formulation that will also deliver its specific action for the disorder in addition to the effect of the formulation. This therapy will efficiently work as an ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis.
- Swedana - This ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis is effective in enabling muscle tissues and overcoming weakness.
- Vasti - This ayurvedic treatment for myasthenia gravis also effective in enabling muscle reflexes and overcoming muscle weakness.
Myasthenia gravis is a neuromuscular disorder that leads to weakness in the skeletal muscles (the muscles your body uses for movement). The word myasthenia gravis, which is Latin and Greek in origin, means "grave, or serious, muscle weakness. It is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the immune system attacks the body’s own cells. This impairment in the immune system of the body prevents important muscle contractions from occurring, that often results in muscle weakness. Though this disease can affect people of any age, it's more common in women younger than 40 and in men older than 60.
The myasthenia gravis causes are listed as follows:
- Your nerves communicate with your muscles by releasing chemicals (neurotransmitters) that fit precisely into receptor sites on the muscle cells at the nerve-muscular junction.
- Receptor sites - In myasthenia gravis, your immune system produces antibodies that destroy many of your muscles receptor sites for a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. With the scarcity of the receptor sites available, your muscles receive fewer nerve signals than before, resulting in weakness.
- Antibodies - Antibodies can block the function of a protein called a muscle-specific receptor tyrosine kinase. These proteins are responsible for the proper functioning of the neuromuscular junction. Antibodies that block this protein results in myasthenia gravis.
- Thymus gland - The thymus gland maintains the production of the antibodies that block the acetylcholine. In some cases of the myasthenia gravis, the thymus gland is abnormally large. Many children are born with a rare, hereditary form of myasthenia, called a congenital myasthenic syndrome.
The symptoms of Myasthenia gravis can affect the muscles that you control voluntarily, such as:
- Drooping of eyelids (ptosis).
- Double vision or diplopia.
- Impair speaking - Your speech may sound soft and low.
- Cause difficulty in swallowing.
- Can affect chewing - The muscles used for chewing might wear out and can cause difficulty in chewing the food.
- Alter in facial expressions - your smile may change and causes alter in the facial expressions.
- It can also cause weakness in your neck, arms and legs due to trouble in your muscles.
There are two forms of myasthenia gravis:
- Ocular - In ocular myasthenia gravis, muscle weakness often appears in the muscles of the eyelids and other muscles that control movement of the eye.
- Generalized - In generalized myasthenia gravis, the weakness occurs in the ocular muscles and in a combination of the arm, legs, and respiratory muscles.
There's no cure for myasthenia gravis, but treatment can help relieve signs and symptoms, such as weakness of arm or leg muscles, double vision, drooping eyelids, and difficulties with speech, chewing, swallowing and breathing.
Myasthenia gravis natural treatment includes various home remedies such as:
- Sunthi marich pippali mixed with the honey is proven beneficial.
- Ashwgandha shatavari vidhara kauchbeej choorna with misri followed by the above home remedy is also helpful in curbing the disorder.
- You can do eye pich at bedtime with pure cow ghee.
- Instillation of cow ghee in both nostrils at bedtime 2-2 drops is also an essential home remedy for the disease.
Myasthenia gravis natural treatment can be done by looking for some preventive measures and lifestyle changes in our daily routine:
- Myasthenia gravis natural treatment includes practicing careful hygiene to avoid infections.
- Some lifestyle changes also include avoiding extreme temperatures and overexertion.
- Effective stress management can also help in reducing the symptoms of myasthenia gravis.