The paralysis treatment in ayurveda is done by knowing the causes of paralysis according to ayurvedic texts. This disease has been discussed in Ayurveda under Vatavyadhi disorder. There are various terms such as Paksaghata, Paksha Vadha and EkangaVata that have been used to describe Paralysis in Ayurveda.
The Ayurvedic Paralysis treatment in India is focussed on stabilizing the dosha balance. Improving nervous strength is the prime target of this treatment. This treatment offers excellent Panchakarma therapies and ayurvedic medicine for paralysis along with oral medications. The therapies like Abhyanga swedam, Nasyam, Karna pooranam, Snehapanam, Virechanam, Shirovasti, Sarvangadhara (Pizhichil), Pichu, and Vasti, etc. are done as per the ayurvedic texts under the guidance of ayurvedic experts.
- Abhayagam - Warm herbal oils are extremely beneficial for Ayurvedic massages. The Ayurvedic massages that could be beneficial to paralyzed patients are done according to the proper methods of the ayurvedic texts.
- Virechana - It is also known as Purgative therapy. These wastes are eliminated through the lower pathway of the body. Virechana is used for Pitta disorder to cleanse the primary site of pitta where is in the stomach and small intestine. It is an efficient Paralysis treatment in ayurveda.
- Basti – It is also called Enema therapy. The therapy purifies the colon where the primary location of Vata nourishes the body. This is one of the best paralysis treatment in ayurveda.
- NadiShodhana pranayama – It is one of the best ancient paralysis treatments in Ayurveda. This treatment is done by following a proper routine including the Nadi shodan Pranayam and yoga. NadiShodhana pranayama is incredibly calming, and soothing to the mind, the nervous system, and effectively balances vata, pitta, and kapha.
- Shiro Abhyanga - It is the most popular ayurvedic Indian head massage for stress relief. A soothing massage of the head, neck, and shoulder, commonly used as the Paralysis treatment in ayurveda.
- Shirodhara - It is a form of Ayurveda therapy that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead and can be one of the steps involved in Panchakarma. The name comes from the Sanskrit words shiro (head) and dhara (flow). This therapy is used as an efficient paralysis treatment in ayurveda.
- Sarvangadara treatment - This paralysis treatment in ayurveda is done by applying small steam-heated bundles of herbs tied in cotton bags and pressed gently on aching parts of the body.
- Pinda Sweda Treatment - This paralysis treatment in ayurveda is done by mild oil application with the help of special milk rice medicinal bundles made of cheese cloth.
Paralysis is a condition in which you can’t move certain parts of your body, due to a loss of muscle function. There is a loss of either sensation or any type of movement of both or multiple parts of the body. It comes in many different forms and can be temporary or permanent. This condition happens when something goes wrong between the order in which impulses are passed by the brain and the muscles.Paralysis can affect either one or both sides of the human body. In some cases, just one area of your body gets affected, while in some other cases it can be spread over many areas.
The major causes of paralysis are as follows:
- Damaged brain tissue because of hemorrhage or clotting of blood in the cranial vessels. It is known as ‘stroke’.
- The compression of the vertebral discs results in loss of sensitivity in the cervical and lumbar nerves.
- Post-polio syndrome.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Unspecified birth defect.
- Hereditary Paraplegia.
- Certain Medications.
- Muscular Dystrophy.
Paralysis can have an effect on any part of the body and can show the following symptoms:
- Partial or complete loss of sensation and movement of the affected part.
- Speech is also affected in certain cases.
- Problems with blood flow, breathing, and heart rate.
- Changes in the normal function of organs, glands, and other tissues.
- Generalized stiffness of the body.
There are various types of paralysis based on their location such as:
- Monoplegia - It is the type, which affects only one arm or leg.
- Hemiplegia - It affects one arm and one leg on the same side of your body.
- Diplegia - This type affects the same area on both sides of the body, such as both arms and both sides of the face.
- Paraplegia - This type affects both of your legs.
- Quadriplegia or Tetraplegia - This type of paralysis, affects both of your arms and both of your legs.
Here are some natural home remedies to cure paralysis:
- Apply the clean and grinded asparagus leaves on the area of pain caused by paralysis.
- For relief from Inflammation and pain due to paralysis, dipa few drumsticks leaves in castor oil and apply on the pain area.
- Coconut oil 20-40 ml twice a day daily can help in curing the condition.
- If you have a distorted face due to paralysis, mix equal portions of black pepper powder and dry ginger powder with honey and take it twice or thrice a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil in a day.
- Vitamin C in a day also helps in curing the condition.
- Grind the akarkara root into a fine paste and mix it with honey tree/butter tree oil. Massage the affected area twice or thrice daily.
The natural treatment for paralysis can also be done by inculcating certain lifestyle changes or preventive measures in daily routine such as:
- Avoid constipation.
- Avoid fried, fast, processed and junk food.
- Involve yourself in regular exercise and yoga.
- Always eat fresh food that is warm. Avoid cold food.
- Avoid foods that are bitter, acidic, or pungent.
- Do regular oil massage over the affected part.