Everything You Need to Know About Psoriasis & it's Treatment
- Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that often comes and goes and is characterized by patches that leads to scaling on the skin's surface.
- In Psoriasis, the cells build up on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form scales and red patches that are itchy, with inflammation, and sometimes painful.
- Psoriasis's exact cause is not fully understood. Researchers find it to be an autoimmune disease with some genetic influence.
- Unhealthy lifestyle, smoking, alcohol consumption, mental stress, certain foods, side effects of some medicines, skin infections, and cold climate can trigger Psoriasis.
- Psoriasis's leading symptoms include red patches of skin with thick and silvery scales, dry and cracked skin that may bleed, itching, burning, soreness and irritation of the skin, swollen and stiff joints.
- There are several clinical types of Psoriasis based on the symptoms and the body part involved. These are Plaque Psoriasis, Guttate Psoriasis, Pustular Psoriasis, Nail Psoriasis, Scalp Psoriasis, and Psoriatic Arthritis.
- Ayurveda explains Psoriasis under the heading of Kushtha. Psoriasis's main causative factor is the disturbed and stressed lifestyle, bad eating habits, Viruddha Ahara (The wrong combination of food), and the accumulation of physical and mental toxicity.
- Vitiation of Vata and Pitta doshas at the level of blood and skin leads to Psoriasis. Psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda aims to cleanse the whole body with various therapies and ayurvedic medicines.
- Ayurvedic therapies Snehpana, Swedan, Vaman, Virechan, Thakradhara, and Vasti help improve the symptoms significantly.
- A balanced diet, avoiding extreme weather, regular Yoga, help in fast recovery of the disease.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Dry & Cracked Skin
Our Approach To Psoriasis Treatment
At Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, we look for the use of incompatible foods, and the mental stress in the patient's daily routine. An in-depth analysis of the symptoms gives a clue about the severity of the disease. A holistic approach for the cure of Psoriasis is adopted instead of suppressing the symptoms. The doctor prescribes Ayurveda medicines and Panchakarma therapies. The patient with Psoriasis requires staying in the hospital for twenty-one days. Continuous use of medication for about a year helps to minimize the symptoms. Many cases got completely cured of this disease. You can discuss your condition with our Ayurveda expert over an online video consultation to decide the exact treatment line.
Frquently Asked Questions on Psoriasis
Ayurvedic Treatment is best for Psoriasis as it is completely natural, effective and free from side-effects. The Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda includes various panchakarma therapies and ayurvedic medicines, ointments to remove itchy dry patches and scales from the skin.
Psoriasis can't be cured permanently, but Ayurveda can provide relief in symptoms and can remove psoriatic skin lesions. Ayurvedic Treatment can reduce the involvement of psoriasis on the skin.
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda starts with detoxifying the body with Panchakarma Therapies like Abhyangam, Virechana, Vasti, Raktamokshana. Ayurveda consider Psoriasis as the imbalance of Vata and Pitta Dosha and that so due to disturbed and stressed lifestyle. Along with Ayurvedic Treatment, one must do some positive lifestyle changes and avoid 'Virudha Ahara' (Wrong combinations of food).
There are some natural herbs indicated good for Psoriasis Treatment, such as Aloe Vera, Indigo Naturalis, Mahonia Aquifolium, Neem, Turmeric, etc.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.