Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that often comes and goes and is characterized by patches that leads to scaling on the skin’s surface. In Psoriasis, the cells build up on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form scales and red patches that are itchy, with inflammation, and sometimes painful.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that is considered incurable. It comes and goes in cycles, flares up for some time and then subsides within a few months or weeks. Most psoriasis medications leave uncomfortable side effects. It is a valid reason to seek natural psoriasis treatment that can help in the management of psoriasis symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines for psoriasis treatment alleviate the discomfort and pain without any side effects. Its therapies work on the overall wellness of the body and improve its immunity against further episodes of psoriasis.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Dry & Cracked Skin
Psoriasis’s leading symptoms include red patches of skin with thick and silvery scales, dry and cracked skin that may bleed, itching, burning, soreness and irritation of the skin, swollen and stiff joints.
Why Ayurveda for Psoriasis?
Ayurveda is a holistic, ancient form of medicine that believes that every person has a different energy pattern. All diseases originate when these energy patterns are vitiated. Basically, there are three kinds of energies that sustain the well-being and functioning of the human body:
- Vata Energy – Takes care of all bodily functions
- Pitta Energy – Takes care of all metabolic functions
- Kapha Energy – Controls growth and development of body
All Ayurvedic medications and therapies heavily depend on herbal remedies that include a healthy lifestyle, a nutritious diet, deep detoxification, and regular exercise. The treatment method here works on elimination of the root cause of the disease which gives it a strong edge over conventional methods of treatments. It works where synthetic medications fail. Ayurveda is the answer to the most complicated questions that the present-day medical world fails to answer.
Home Remedies To Relieve Psoriasis
Before you use any of these remedies, remember that they will just help in the management of symptoms and not the disease itself. These remedies are suggested by Ayurvedic practitioners for patients undergoing psoriasis treatment:
- Black nightshade juice helps in bringing down the inflammation.
- Onion and garlic purify the blood and slow down the progress of the disease.
- Jasmine flower paste relieves itching and brings down inflammation to a considerable extent.
- Guggul is also a good option if you are looking to reduce inflammation.
- Neem is useful in boosting immunity and the purification of blood.
- Turmeric has antiseptic properties that really help with swelling, redness, and inflammation.
- Boswellia is another remedy that can be used to boost your immunity and bring down inflammation.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes
A balanced diet, avoiding extreme weather, regular Yoga, help in the fast recovery of the disease.
Our Approach To Psoriasis Treatment
Diagnosis and Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda
Ayurveda explains Psoriasis under the heading of Kushtha. Psoriasis’s main causative factor is the disturbed and stressed lifestyle, bad eating habits, Viruddha Ahara (The wrong combination of food), and the accumulation of physical and mental toxicity.
Vitiation of Vata and Pitta doshas at the level of blood and skin leads to Psoriasis. Psoriasis cure in Ayurveda aims to cleanse the whole body with various therapies and ayurvedic medicines. Ayurvedic therapies Snehpana, Swedan, Vaman, Virechan, Thakradhara, and Vasti help improve the symptoms significantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ayurvedic Treatment is best for Psoriasis as it is completely natural, effective and free from side-effects. The Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda includes various panchakarma therapies and ayurvedic medicines, ointments to remove itchy dry patches and scales from the skin.
Psoriasis can’t be cured permanently, but Ayurveda can provide relief in symptoms and can remove psoriatic skin lesions. Ayurvedic Treatment can reduce the involvement of psoriasis on the skin.
Psoriasis Treatment in Ayurveda starts with detoxifying the body with Panchakarma Therapies like Abhyangam, Virechana, Vasti, Raktamokshana. Ayurveda consider Psoriasis as the imbalance of Vata and Pitta Dosha and that so due to disturbed and stressed lifestyle. Along with Ayurvedic Treatment, one must do some positive lifestyle changes and avoid ‘Virudha Ahara’ (Wrong combinations of food).
There are some natural herbs indicated good for Psoriasis Treatment, such as Aloe Vera, Indigo Naturalis, Mahonia Aquifolium, Neem, Turmeric, etc.
Preventions for Psoriasis
There are a few remedies that can be used to prevent repeated episodes of psoriasis:
- Psoriasis gets worse with dryness in the skin. So, make sure you keep your skin moisturized with thick and oily substances like petroleum jelly, mustard oil, etc.
- Maintain personal hygiene and never pick or prick the psoriasis patches. They will just spread the infection.
- Avoid dry and cold weather which makes the symptoms worse.
- If you are in an air conditioner use a humidifier to add moisture to dry air.