Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Ayurveda
Reduce Inflammation and Irritation in Nose with Ayurvedic Treatment & Panchakarma
Consult for your disease now
The allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda is possible with all the herbal therapies and techniques of ayurveda. For this allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda, the causative factors are needed to be searched according to the ayurveda. In most of the patients Allergic rhinitis seen in early morning in Kapha kala.
According to ayurveda, allergic rhinitis is referred to as Vata-Kaphapratishaya. The major concept of Ama (toxins) and Virudhaahara (incompatible foods, such as fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc) leads to allergic rhinitis.
Panchakarma is a sacred branch of Ayurveda that can help you to curb this disorder. The allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda ensures that the disease will not generate back in the body.
You should visit Prakash Nethralaya and Panchkarma Kendra in order to get benefited with the best Allergic Retinitis treatment in India through Ayurveda. The allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda includes the following therapies and methods:
- Lepa - It involves an application of herbal medicines in the form of a paste, which is applied externally. One should also keep the following diet and lifestyle modifications in mind: Have freshly-prepared, warm food. Avoid stale and junk food. Kapha-aggravating foods, such as dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges, and grapefruits, should be avoided.
- Shirodhara - In this treatment, oil is evenly poured out on your forehead and followed by a light massage. This lasts for about 40 to 60 minutes. The experts recommend this allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda for at least 7 days to get a proper relief.
- Nasya – This allergic rhinitis treatment in ayurveda begins with a massage on the forehead and neck for about 10 minutes with aromatic ayurvedic oils. Thereafter, a steam therapy with the aromas of these oils enhances the feeling of relaxation. The herbal oils are then instilled into your nose carefully. Just 2-3 drops are enough.
- Virechana - Virechana is known as Purgative therapy. In this therapy, the toxicity of your body is eliminated through the lower pathway of the body. Virechana is used for Pitta disorder to cleanse the ama or toxins from the body. It is the efficient ayurvedic treatment for a rhinitis.
Rhinitis is an irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose. It is also known as coryza. The inflammation in this disease is caused by viruses, bacteria, irritants or allergens. The most common kind of rhinitis is allergic rhinitis, which is usually caused by airborne allergens such as pollen grains. The inflammation can result in the generation of large amounts of mucus, commonly producing a runny nose. This disease can cause the sneezing and nasal itching, coughing, headache, fatigue etc. This mostly occurs when your immune system fail to recognize common dust, pollen grains.
There are various causes of hay fever such as:
- Immune system - The major cause of this disease is that your immune system is unable to identify the allergic pollen or other allergens as dangerous substances invading the body.
- Heredity - The majority of patients with hay fever have a common reason. The parent or sibling who also has allergies, are often passes on their traits to the siblings.
- People with asthma or eczema (allergic dermatitis) are more likely than others to develop Rhinitis.
Most common rhinitis symptoms are as follows:
- A runny nose and stuffy nose.
- Itching in the nose.
- A sore or scratchy throat.
- Itchy eyes.
- Watery eyes.
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- Frequent headaches.
- Eczema-type symptoms, such as having extremely dry, itchy skin that can blister and weep.
- Excessive fatigue.
- Prolonged, sometimes violent sneezing.
- Itchy nose, throat, and roof of mouth.
- Stuffy, runny nose.
- Postnasal drip that causes coughing.
- Watery, itchy eyes.
- Head and nasal congestion.
- Ear pressure or fullness.
- Fatigue and sneezing.
There are 2 types of rhinitis described below:
- Allergic rhinitis - This is a type of rhinitis in which there is an inflammation occurs in the nose, when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air. The signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis include a runny or stuffy nose; sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes; and swelling around the eyes.
- Non-allergic rhinitis - In this type, the rhinitis is not due to allergens and is characterized by a runny nose and nasal blockage throughout the year.
The rhinitis treatment at home can be done by following methods:
- Honey – Intake of honey will lower your allergic reaction over time to the pollen.
- Spirulina – The dietary spirulina also known as blue - green algae has demonstrated antiallergic protective effects towards allergic rhinitis.
- Vitamin C – Intake of vitamin C daily will reduce histamine levels.
- Peppermint essential oil – The peppermint oil treatment has anti-inflammatory effects that will help in reducing the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Eucalyptus essential oil – The eucalyptus oil is used as an antimicrobial agent by adding it to each washing load during allergy season.
The rhinitis treatment natural can be done by the following some prevention tips and lifestyle changes:
- Avoid exposure to allergens and other particles such as animal dandruff, pillow or mattress, house dust and chemicals.
- Keep windows closed during pollen season.
- Wash the hands after playing with the animals.
- Steam inhalation twice daily.
- Avoid cold water head bath.
- Avoid Smoking, day sleep.
- Do regular Pranayama and yoga.
- Use the food which is processed with Turmeric, Pepper and Ginger.
- Avoid icecream, curds, milk, banana, oily, fried, Chinese and junk foods.
- Drink only warm water when you feel thirst.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.