The sinusitis treatment in ayurveda can be done after knowing the root cause of the disease. In Ayurveda, sinusitis can be categorized as DushtaPratishyaya, where the main dosha affected is Kapha. It gets aggravated and vitiates the Vata dosha, which is mainly present in the respiratory tract. The sinusitis treatment in ayurveda involves a combination of detoxification processes through Panchakarma therapies and oral medicines.
This sinusitis treatment in ayurveda includes therapies like Nasyam, Lepanam, Thalam, Vamanam, Shirodhara. These are commonly done depending on the dosha predominance of the disease. The sinusitis treatment in ayurveda involves the treatment of aggravated doshas with the use of certain Ayurvedic herbs as well as nasal therapies and applications. The Panchakarma treatment of Nasya and swedana are quite effective in dealing with sinusitis.
- Nasya Therapy - The herbal oils are used in this nasya therapy. Nasyam is a unique and one of the best detoxification therapies for sinusitis treatment in ayurveda. It is a therapy in which medicated oil or powder or fresh juice is administered through the nostrils to clear the accumulated Kapha.
- Dhumapana with Haridrachurnam can also clear the pathway and reduce the kapha.
- Nasal steam inhalation with the addition of a few drops of Mixture of Camphor, Menthol, etc. steam should be inhaled twice daily.
- Sinusitis Ayurvedic Medicine is also used as an ayurvedic treatment such as Maha Laxmi Vilas Ras.
Sinusitis is the disease that causes inflammation of the sinuses (the spaces inside your nose and head) and as a result, these spaces get filled with mucous and various microorganisms. This blocked and mucous filled sinuses lead to infection with in the affected area which further results in pain, nasal discharge, severe headache, and fever.
Diagnosis of Sinusitis
- X-RAY - X-ray of the paranasal sinuses is usually the first test of diagnosis.
- Various other tests include mucus culture, nasal endoscopy, allergy testing, CT scan of the sinuses, or blood work.
- Fungal scrapings and smears may also be taken from the discharge.
The basic causes of sinusitis are as follows:
- Viruses and bacteria - The most common causes of sinusitis are viruses and bacteria among adults.
- Pollutants - Chemicals or irritants in the air can cause a buildup of mucus.
- Fungi - The sinuses can either be caused by the fungi in the air, or they are invaded by fungi.
- Nasal polyps - These growths can block the nasal passages or sinuses.
- Some medical conditions - The complications in certain conditions such as cystic fibrosis, HIV and other immune system-related diseases can lead to nasal blockage.
- Respiratory tract infections - Infections in your respiratory tract, most commonly colds can cause inflammation in your sinus and block mucus drainage.
- Allergies such as hay fever - Inflammation that occurs with allergies can block your sinuses.
The most common signs and symptoms of sinusitis are as follows:
- Painful pressure and swelling in the cheeks and forehead.
- Nasal inflammation.
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose.
- Drainage down the back of the throat (postnasal drainage).
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose.
- Reduced sense of smell and taste.
- Aching in your upper jaw and teeth.
- Cough or throat clearing.
- Sore throat and bad breath.
- In cases of acute sinusitis, a fever may develop.
If you see any of the symptoms in your body and you should take the best sinusitis treatment in India and cure this disease naturally.
There are different types of sinusitis, including:
- Acute sinusitis - In this type, there is a sudden onset of cold-like symptoms such as the runny, stuffy nose and facial pain that remains till 10 to 14 days. It can usually last for 4 weeks or less.
- Subacute sinusitis - In this type of sinusitis, an inflammation lasts for 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis - It is a condition characterized by sinus inflammation symptoms lasting 8 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent sinusitis - In recurrent sinusitis, there are several attacks within a year.
The disease can be controlled naturally with the help of sinusitis treatment home remedies which are listed below:
- Steam- Take hot water vapour steam with turmeric powder and eucalyptus oil can help moisten the sinuses and will clear nose blockages.
- Roast 1 tsp cumin seeds, crush them and add 1 tbsp honey, mix well and consume every day in the morning.
- Pranayamas like Kapalabhati, AnulomVilom Pranayama, Suryabhedi Pranayama are useful.
- Jalaneti (Nasal Cleansing with Water)-Jalaneti is quite effective Yogic practice to cure headache, cough & cold and sinusitis.
- Yogasanas that are useful includes Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose),Sarvangasana, Uttanasana, etc.
- Take 1 tsp fenugreek seeds and add 4 cups of water then boil the mixture till water level reduces to half and strain the liquid. Drink this liquid everyday morning 1 hour before food.
- Take warm milk mixed with 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp black pepper powder and 1 tsp dry ginger powder.
- Always prefer morning sunlight walk between7-8 will be beneficial and good for health.
- Morning and before going to bed gargle with warm water mixed with salt.
- Drink one of glass warm water every morning added with 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp honey.
- Drink more lemon tea or ginger tea instead of coffee or tea.
The sinusitis natural treatment can also be done by making some simple and effective changes in your daily routine:
- Reduce contact with people who have cold or fever in order to avoid the respiratory tract infections.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially before meals.
- Reduce the risk of your allergies.
- Avoid smoking and polluted air as the tobacco smoke and air contaminants can irritate and inflame your lungs and nasal passages.
- Use a humidifier - If the air in your home is dry; try adding moisture to the air that may help prevent sinusitis. Always keep the humidifier clean and free of molds with a regular, thorough cleaning.