Slip Disc (Sciatica)
Are you suffering from Back Pain, must Refer a Doctor it might be Sciatica...
Slip disc is a disease of spinal cord in which there occurs the compression of spinal nerve by the herniated vertebral disc. In simple words, we can say that there occurs the mechanical pressure on the nerve root by the vertebral disc because of its displacement from its normal position. As a result, the nerve gets irritated and the symptoms of slip disc appear.
Causes of Slip Disc
- Injury to the spinal cord
- Abnormal sitting posture
- Sports injury
Symptoms of Slip Disc
- Radiating pain from lower back to the tip of the affected foot
- Numbness of the leg.
- Pain increases during movement.
Do’s and don’ts in Slip Disc
- Avoid extra soft cushion bed for sleeping. Prefer a hard bed.
- Do regular exercises.
- Avoid constipation.
- Avoid heavily digestible food items.
- Do hot fomentation over the lower back area frequently.
Home remedies in Slip Disc
- Take 10 leaves of harsingar tree and add 10 gm of shunthi. Boil the combination in 2 lt of water for 10-15 min. Filter it and use it as drinking water whenever required.
- Increase the use of dalchini, heeng, ajwoin, garlic and clove in food item.
Ayurvedic treatment of slip disc
In Ayurveda, sliop disc is called as grudhrisi. It is a vata and kapha vitiated disease. The target if the ayurveda treatment is achieved by panchakarma. Therepies like kati vasti, lepa, elakizhi, vasti are very effective to relieve the compression and also to give strength to the weakened nerves. The Ayurveda treatment adopted here is successful and effective enough to relieve the symptoms of slip disc and to permanently cure the disease.