The tonsillitis can be cured in ayurveda by knowing its causes. In Ayurveda, tonsillitis is known as Galaayu, caused by poor processing and aggregation of toxins in the body. The tonsillitis treatment in ayurveda is done by the proper patterns of food and diet regimes and following various panchakarma therapies. Following are some of the natural tonsillitis treatment in ayurveda:
- Sphatika – It is a type of quartz crystal, which is used in tonsillitis treatment in ayurveda, it is described as an antiseptic, and astringent. The purified powder of sphatika is applied over affected tonsils. It is also taken internally measuring 1 gm of powder in lukewarm water.
- Agastya rasayana – This herbal preparation is advised for people with severe tonsillitis. This preparation should be taken twice daily as one teaspoon mixed with honey.
- Khadiradi – Intake of these tonsils ayurvedic medicine should be regular for a month or so.
- Kulanjana, Yashti madhu and Vacha – The powder of this mixture should be mixed with honey and consumed.
Tonsillitis is a disease caused by any kind of bacterial contamination. The tonsils are present in the lymphatic system of the body at the back of the throat. Tonsils act as the first line of defense against illness. They produce white blood cells that help your body fight infection. The main function of tonsils is to prevent and fight any kind of disease and infection. This disease is very common in youngsters and it can cause fever. Tonsillitis is accompanied by the inflammation of tonsils, two round shaped tissues at the back of the throat. Signs and symptoms of tonsillitis include swollen tonsils, sore throat, difficulty swallowing and tender lymph nodes on the sides of the neck.
According to the conventional treatment, there is no proper cure for this disease. The main solution is surgery to remove the tonsils. But according to ayurveda, by knowing the root cause of disease it can be easily cured by the principles of ayurveda.
Diagnosis of Tonsillitis
Diagnosis is done by the physical examination of your throat. Your doctor may take a throat culture by gently swabbing the back of your throat. This throat culture will be sent to a laboratory to find out the cause of your throat infection. The doctor may also take a sample of your blood for a complete blood count. This test can find out whether your infection is viral or bacterial, which may help in tonsillitis natural treatment.
The tonsillitis causes and reasons are as follows:
- Various bacterial and viral infections can cause tonsillitis.
- A common bacteria for its cause is Streptococcus bacteria.
- The major viruses for its cause are Adenoviruses, Influenza virus, Epstein-Barr virus, Parainfluenza viruses, Enteroviruses, Herpes simplex virus.
The common tonsillitis symptoms and signs include:
- Red, swollen tonsils.
- White or yellow patches on the tonsils.
- Sore throat.
- Painful Swallowing.
- Enlarged, tender glands (lymph nodes) in the neck.
- Scratchy, muffled or throaty voice.
- Bad breath.
- Stomach ache in some cases.
- Stiff neck.
The tonsillitis treatment at home can be done with the help of some home remedies listed below:
- Hot fomentation should be done in order to get relief from tonsillitis.
- Fenugreek Seeds - Gargle every day using fenugreek seeds is exceptionally successful for tonsillitis.
- Vegetable Juices - Raw vegetable juices of carrot, beet, and cucumber in the proportion of 3:1:1 mix is extremely gainful for the tonsillitis cure home remedies.
- Remain hydrated the whole day.
- Lemon, Black pepper, and Salt - Take a lemon and cut it into two pieces. On one piece, put some salt and dark pepper. Presently squeeze it with a blade so that salt-pepper infiltrate into the lime. Put the lemon on it to influence it to warm. Gradually lick this lemon pressing it until the point when no juice remains. You may do this day by day a few times.
For the tonsillitis cure natural, you need to inculcate certain lifestyle changes and preventions in your daily routine. Tonsillitis natural treatment includes the following:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently, especially after using the toilet and before eating to avoid any kind of infection.
- Avoid sharing food, drinking glasses, or utensils.
- Replace your toothbrush after being diagnosed with tonsillitis to help your child prevent the spread of a bacterial or viral infection to others.
- Avoid Acidic Drinks, Spicy Food Substances - Don't drink acidic drinks and you should avoid spicy food as it may irritate your throat. Sour substances like curds, buttermilk, and fried foods should also be avoided.
- You should consume a liquid diet which is not hard to swallow.
- Give rest to your throat by speaking less.
- If you are a smoker then quit the habit right now.
- To prevent infection while roaming a polluted area try to cover your nose and mouth.