Leucoderma/Vitiligo Treatment in Ayurveda
Remove White Patches on the Skin Naturally with Ayurvedic Treatment and Panchakarma Therapies
- 1 Leucoderma/Vitiligo Treatment in Ayurveda
- 2 Let's Know about Vitiligo
- 3 What is Leucoderma?
- 4 Causes of Leucoderma
- 5 Symptoms of Leucoderma
- 6 Types of Leucoderma/Vitiligo
- 7 Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Leucoderma
- 8 Why To Choose Ayurveda?
- 9 Diagnosis and Vitiligo Treatment in Ayurveda
- 10 Home Remedies for Leucoderma
Let's Know about Vitiligo
Vitiligo is an immune system related disorder. It leads to discolouration of normal skin and turns it into an abnormally white colour. It is necessary to address this problem at an early stage, if it progresses without check the results may be permanent and irreversible. Ayurveda offers a permanent and natural leucoderma treatment that can stop the spread of this disease and reverse its effect without any side effects. For more details, please read the article till the end.
What is Leucoderma?
Leucoderma which is also known as ‘Vitiligo’ is an autoimmune disorder. An autoimmune disorder is one in which the immune system of your body attacks the healthy cells and as a result, it starts affecting your body. It develops due to the improper functioning of the melanin pigment which is responsible for producing the cells determining the colour of hair and skin. It is therefore characterized by white patches on the skin.
Leucoderma or Vitiligo can affect any part of the body including the inner region of the mouth, nose, and hair. But usually, it affects both sides of the body and skin exposure to the sun have more chances to get affected. A person affected by vitiligo may feel stressed and self-conscious due to white patches on the skin. The disease is known to be caused by changes in the immune system, environmental factors or hereditary factors.
Causes of Leucoderma
The actual cause of vitiligo is unknown but there are various causes associated with the disease. Here is a list of a few factors and causes that might cause vitiligo such as:
Symptoms of Leucoderma
The leucoderma symptoms usually appear before the adolescence phase. Some common leucoderma symptoms which can be seen in the person affected by leucoderma or vitiligo are as follows:
- Patchy areas of depigmented skin usually start from the area of the body which is exposed to the sun.
- Loss of skin colour.
- Loss of colour of the retina.
- Whitening of hairs of beard, eyebrows, eyelashes, and scalp.
- Easily visible spots.
- The patient may have depression or other psychological disorders.
- The sensitivity of the skin to sunlight.
- Hearing loss.
- Vision problems.
- Production of a tear in the eyes.
Types of Leucoderma/Vitiligo
There are mainly 2 types of Vitiligo, which are as below:
Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Leucoderma
Proper diet and lifestyle changes can play a key role in leucoderma prevention. As most of these measures are small you can make them a part of your life during treatment as well:
- Protection of skin from the sources of light – The skin should be protected from sun rays by wearing sunglasses and applying sunscreen.
- Avoid Tattoos – Making a tattoo can cause new patches of skin to appear.
- Avoid Non-Compatible Food like milk with curd,non-veg food items, salt.
- The patient should avoid salty, sour and spicy food.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Diagnosis and Vitiligo Treatment in Ayurveda
Your doctor will diagnose if you have vitiligo, he or she will ask about your medical history, examine you and try to find out other medical issues, such as dermatitis or psoriasis. Your doctor may use a lamp to shine ultraviolet light onto the skin to determine whether you have vitiligo. He/ she will further perform various tests to diagnose leucoderma disease such as:
Skin biopsy and blood test – The doctor will first gather your personal and family medical history and examine your skin, then he/ she will take a small sample (biopsy) of the affected skin and draw blood for lab tests to look for underlying autoimmune conditions, such as anaemia or diabetes.
Ayurveda can cure vitiligo permanently without any side effects. The Ayurvedic doctors identify this problem as a Tridosha disease. It means disturbance in all the 3 doshas causes Leucoderma.
Leucoderma ayurvedic treatment uses herbal medicines to cure the disease. Panchakarma therapies like Virechana, Vasti, Dhara, and Vamana are also used in the process as they strengthen the immune system of the body.
- Virechana – Also known as Purgative therapy, this therapy removes the toxicity of your body. Virechana is used for Pitta disorder to cleanse the primary site of the pitta that is the stomach and the small intestine. It is an efficient vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda.
- Basti therapy – It is also called Enema therapy. The therapy purifies the colon where the primary location of Vata nourishes the body. It is one of the best vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda.
- Vamana – Vamana is considered to be the effective vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda for both Pitta and Kapha excess. Vasantika Vamasa (therapeutic emesis in the spring season) can be used for preventive therapy for a disease of Kapha origin such as eczema.
These therapies and medicines have proven to be the most effective natural treatment for vitiligo.
Home Remedies for Leucoderma
Leucoderma is diseases that can easily be treated with some minor efforts. Along with the vitiligo Ayurvedic medicines, these small remedies can be used to control the disease and prevent its progress:
- Apply a mixture of lemon and sweet basil extract.
- Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and mustard oil for 20 minutes to the affected area. Do this twice a day for positive results. This will work as an efficient vitiligo natural treatment.
- Increase the intake of food with a high amount of zinc.
- Vitiligo natural treatment usually insists on staying hydrated. The main task is to drink water from a copper vessel. Drinking water stored in a copper vessel will help you increase melanin in your body and reduce the whiteness of patches caused by vitiligo.
- Take Bakuchi powder – Mix it with an equal quantity of turmeric powder. Consume 1 tsp of this combination twice daily with warm water. This combination can be applied externally on the white patches for 30 min. daily by making a paste with warm water.