Everything You Need to Know About Endometriosis & it's Treatment
- Endometriosis is a painful condition in which the tissue lining inside the uterus starts to grow outside of the uterus. The other abnormal growth places can be ovaries, fallopian tubes, bowels, and other organs of the pelvis.
- This tissue also behaves like normal uterine tissue and bleeds at the end of the cycle. But, this blood has no space to go. The surrounding area becomes swollen or inflamed.
- This condition can lead to many symptoms like low backache or pelvic pain, fever, heavy menstrual bleeding, and even the blockage of fallopian tubes that can even cause infertility.
- The probable causes of endometriosis are retrograde menstruation, a history of pelvic surgery, or an autoimmune reaction.
- The diagnosis is confirmed by a thorough medical history, pelvic examination, ultrasonography, MRI, or a laparoscopic examination.
- According to Ayurveda, vitiation of Apan Vayu along with Pitta dosha is the leading cause of this disease. All Vata and Pitta aggravating factors contribute to this condition, and the line of treatment also aims to maintain the balance of these factors.
- Vat Anuloman Ayurveda drugs ensure a downward flow of menstrual blood and the appropriate digestive fire. This way removes the root cause of the problem that corrects the physiology.
- Pelvic massage and hot fomentation over the abdomen provide adequate relief in symptoms.
- Junk food, refrigerated food, alcohol use, and refined sugar can increase the symptoms and hence should be discouraged.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, yoga, Pranayama, meditation, and all Vata pacifying activities should be encouraged to relieve the symptoms of endometriosis.
Symptoms of Endometriosis
Our Approach To Endometriosis Treatment
We, at Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, look for the root cause of the disease. A patient is evaluated in detail by medical history and relevant medical investigations (if necessary). The doctor prescribes Ayurveda medicines for endometriosis based on all these findings. Dietary and lifestyle suggestions are also explained to the patient. The majority of the patients respond well to the treatment. The treatment's total duration may vary from 3 months to a year, depending on the severity of the symptoms. A patient can avail of our online video consultation services and start the ayurvedic treatment for endometriosis by sitting at home.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.