Everything You Need To Know About Leucorrhoea and it's Ayurvedic Treatment
- Leucorrhoea is whitish, yellowish, or greenish discharge from the vagina. It is normal to experience vaginal discharge before menstruation and during sexual stimulation. This discharge is normal for vaginal lubrication. Abnormally high secretions have pathology behind them and can cause several complications.
- That is why; the patient requires treatment for leucorrhoea at the earliest.
- The condition can be quite embarrassing if characterized by foul-smelling vaginal discharge with severe itching and irritation. Leucorrhoea can also be a pointer to various gynaecological conditions and even leads to infertility. Hence, it requires early evaluation and treatment.
- The common causes of Leucorrhoea are bacterial or fungal infection, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), irritation due to mechanical factors like copper t and other intrauterine devices, excessive use of tea, coffee, fast food, mental stress, or work pressure. Some systemic medical conditions, like anaemia and T.B., can also lead to this condition.
- The common symptoms include excess yellowish or curd-like vaginal secretions, foul smell, painful urination, vaginal bleeding, lower abdominal pain, severe vaginal itching, feverish sensation, and irritable behaviour. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with Ayurvedic Treatment of Leucorrhoea.
- Diagnosis is confirmed by a detailed clinical history and a physical examination if required. The Ayurveda doctor prescribes a few blood tests if needed to confirm the diagnosis.
- Leucorrhoea is described in Ayurveda in detail under the heading of "Pradar Rog". An increased Kapha level due to reduced digestive fire is the root pathology of Leucorrhoea as per Ayurveda classics. Toxins infiltrate the Ras dhatu at the level of vaginal and uterine channels.
- Along with Leucorrhoea Treatment in Ayurveda, certain changes in lifestyle, diet habits, peace of mind, proper hygiene, and Ayurveda medicines can cure the disease utterly irrespective of the disease's cause.
- Have a light and easily digestible foodstuffs like vegetables, fruits, juices, salads, and freshly cooked warm meals.
- Refrigerated food items, junk food, tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, and spicy food items tend to increase the problem and be discouraged.
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
Curd like Vaginal Discharge
How We Treat Leucorrhoea with Ayurvedic Treatment
Natural Leucorrhoea Treatment
A patient of Leucorrhoea consults with our female Ayurveda doctor to find the root cause of the disease. A patient can do this even with online video consultation or in the hospital. The treatment of leucorrhoea in ayurveda varies from patient to patient according to numerous factors and on the Individual's Prakriti. The doctor prescribes medicines after a thorough evaluation of the patient, along with diet and lifestyle suggestions. The total duration of leucorrhoea ayurvedic treatment is about 4-6 months. A few patients may require panchakarma therapies like vasti or vaginal washing by herbal douches.The doctor also advises self-care, personal hygiene, and nutrition, which can improve the chances of faster recovery and prevent a recurrence.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.