Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) Treatment in Ayurveda
- An infection in the female reproductive organs leads to this condition. This condition arises when the sexually transmitted bacteria infects the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
- History of recent abortion, childbirth, pelvic procedures, use of intrauterine devices like copper T, and untreated gonorrhoea are the significant causes of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Lower abdominal pain, fever, foul-smelling vaginal discharge, pain during sexual intercourse, irregular menstruation, burning urination, and fatigue are the significant symptoms of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with PID Treatment in Ayurveda.
- Detailed clinical history, pelvic examination, ultrasonography report, blood investigation reports like blood counts, HIV or VDRL tests, and sometimes Pap smear tests help diagnose the disease and decide the line of treatment.
- According to Ayurveda, Vata, and Pitta dosha vitiation are the leading causes for PID. Irregular lifestyle, bad eating habits, excessive mental stress, and poor hygiene makes a person weak and susceptible to multiple infections.
- A combination of Ayurveda medicines, the use of medicated oils, Vasti treatments, vaginal douche, dietary & lifestyle changes, and Yoga for the pelvic inflammatory disease are undoubtedly helpful and can almost cure all types of recurrent and chronic pelvic inflammations.
- Sour, Salty, and Spicy foodstuff will increase the symptoms in PID and should be discouraged.
- Sweet and Bitter foodstuffs like a bitter guard, bottle guard, Moong, etc. will help in the Ayurvedic treatment for PID and should be encouraged.
- Suppressing natural urges, exposure to cold climates, awakening late till night, and negative emotions of mental stress will make the problem chronic and recurrent. The patient should avoid this practice.
Symptoms of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Chronic Abdominal Pain
Foul Smelling Vaginal Discharge
Ayurvedic Treatment for PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease)
In Initial PID Cases
If the pelvic inflammation is not very old, then the disease is treated by Ayurveda medicines only. After a thorough discussion with the patient, the Ayurveda doctor decides the medication and suggests diet and lifestyle recommendations. The approximate duration required for the treatment is about 3-6 months. A physical consultation or even an online video consultation is enough to understand the patient's clinical history and prescribe ayurvedic medicine for pelvic inflammatory disease.
In Chronic and Recurrent PID Cases
In chronic cases of PID, detoxification with Panchkarma therapies becomes almost mandatory. The patient requires Vasti, Abhyanga, Vaginal douche, and Virechan, along with herbal medicines. The patient must stay in an Ayurvedic hospital for approximate 21 days. The panchakarma treatment for PID is followed by Ayurveda medicines and dietary restrictions further for about 3-6 months.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.